Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"You know what, arguing with you is pointless! You just distract me and branch out the argument! Anyway, don't apologize to me about charming my boss into getting you a job. Apologize to him, and then immediately quit." I crossed my arms and glared at him, and he just tapped his chin.

"Hmm... No, I don't think I will." He winked at me, and I gawked at him in surprise. "What?! Didn't you say that I was your master and you'd do whatever I'd say?!"

"You are my very sexy master, yes, however I didn't say I'd do whatever you say, I said that I'd serve you. Two very different things. Plus even though I am a Djinni, I still have free will, remember?"

"If you aren't going to listen to me, then what's the point of even being your master?" I raised an eyebrow in annoyance. "If I am your master, I would have figured you'd do what I liked."

"Uh huh, and note that you're saying that while wearing nothing but a towel." He said smugly, and I looked down at myself. I gasped as I realized I was still naked, and clutched the towel. "Get out!"

"Fine fine, relax, I'm going." He started walking away from me, but stopped when he noticed that my jacket had fallen off my bed and onto the ground. "Geez, I didn't think you were in that much of a hurry to get wet." He turned around and smirked at me, referring to al my piled up clothes on the bed, and I scoffed. "Which is impossible with you around." I fired back at him.

"Hm, temperamental as always." He smirked at me, and went to pick up my jacket. "Just what I'd expect out of my master-"

The room suddenly became silent as something small and round fell out of my jacket pocket.

The mood ring (that wasn't a mood ring) that Estelle gave me was lying on the floor, right below Erai's eyes. My eyes widened in shock, and we both didn't try to say anything.

Erai slowly picked up the ring and observed it. "This ring... It holds magic only one woman I know could imprint on this ring..." He quietly whispered, turning around and facing me with a frown on his face. "But apparently I'm not the only one who knows her. Where did you get this?"

"That? Oh, uhm..." I stuttered and fumbled over my words, scanning the ground, trying to think of an excuse.

"Save the lies Seren. You and I both know the woman this ring belonged to." He was walking towards me again. "And we both know it's Estelle. So how did you get it?"

I was caught in a web of my own lies, and I just opened my mouth to explain, but found that no words came out. I mean, what COULD I say? 'Oh you know, just drove over to her shop to ask how to get rid of you and all.' I couldn't say that! It was the truth, but...

"Tell me." He grabbed my chin and made me look up into his eyes. He looked dead serious, and I found myself blushing slightly. He was cute when he was serious.

I just remained silent, and he moved his face closer. "You know, if you don't want to tell me, fine." He tilted his head slightly. "Just be warned I have multiple ways of getting information out of people."

He rose his hand, and was about to snap his fingers. My eyes widened, and I felt myself quickly reach up and grab his hand with both of mine. "W-Wait!"

Seeing my quick reaction, a smirk slowly spread on his face. He knew that he had won. Damn it.

"I... It was Estelle who sold me your necklace... I went over there to ask about Djinnies, that's all..." Even though I had lost this little game of 'You Better Talk', I still withheld some information. But hey, that doesn't make it a lie. It just makes it a clip of the truth.

"Estelle was the one who sold you my necklace..?" He let go of my chin and looked away, as if recalling a long lost memory. "So she kept it all this time, huh..."

All this time..? How long did those two know each other? "Uh... She also happened to mention being your master once..." I added on, hoping he'd explain more about it. But he didn't talk, he didn't even look at me. He just kept staring off into space.

"Was she..? Your master I mean." I questioned, and Erai finally seemed to snap out of his train of thoughts. "Oh... Yeah... We kind of go way back. We have a lot of history together."

"Oh..." I said unsurely. Estelle had mentioned that as well, as well as how he was always promiscuous.... So did that mean they once..?

"It wasn't like that though." He turned around to face me, and I could feel my eyebrows start to relax. "A very, very long time ago... She had a lover."

I grew more and more drawn in to the story, and I wanted to know what had happened between him and Estelle, but the look on his face said otherwise, like I wouldn't like to know.

"I know it's not my place to ask, but.... What happened?" I gave in to the curiosity and went for it, but Erai seemed hesitant to answer. "And it's also not my place to tell."

"Oh..." I felt disappointed as Erai dodged the question, but kept quiet anyway. But before I could indulge in my disappointment for too long, Erai suddenly lifted his hand and snapped his fingers.

Before I could ask what he was doing, a cloud of smoke surrounded me. It wasn't for long though, because it fade away after a split second. "Huh? What was that?" I asked confused, staring at Erai.

"Sorry to be doing this, but it seems like my master somewhat resembles a cat. And you know what they say, curiosity killed the cat. And remember how I can't bring back the dead." Erai explained as he sighed.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I asked confused. Erai walked over to me, and outstretched his hand. Something small and shiny rested on his finger, and I looked down. "Is this... Your necklace?"

It was the same coin necklace Erai apparently poofed out of, and I haven't seen it since the day I threw it out the window, but now it was suddenly around my neck.

"Yes it is." He stated matter-of-factly, and just gently ran his thumb over the coin. "Now with this I can be able to track you within seconds. Not only that, but I can also teleport to you whenever you need help or whenever are in trouble. Or ARE the trouble."

"What?!"I asked as I felt anger boil in me. "A tracker?! What am I, a house pet?!" I slapped away his hand and tried to take the necklace off, but there was no clasp, and it suddenly shrunk so it fit my neck perfectly, making me unable to just pull it off, and the chains couldn't be cut be scissors, so basically it was now stuck on me. Like Erai.

"Sorry it had to come down to this, but seeing how you are rather secretive and like sneaking around, this is the only way I can make sure you're not up to something." Erai crossed his arms, and my mouth hung open from the boldness in his voice. I couldn't believe him! "Plus, the best part is... It also works as a territorial mark."

Yeah, so much of a 'luck and protection' ring you gave me Estelle.