Chapter 40: Bucky Kept in Wakanda

In Wakanda, Steve and Y/N went up to Bucky, who was no longer wearing his metal arm. He was sitting on a bed in the medical facility.

(A/N Your outfit (if your hair is shorter, it's still a good style).)

"You sure about this?" Steve asked

"I can't trust my own mind. So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing...for everybody," Bucky answered.

He then looked at Y/N, who was smiling sadly as a tear went down her cheek. She walked up to him and placed her hands on his knees while he put his hand on her cheek, wiping the tear away.

"I understand why, but remember, no matter what, I trust you with my life," she told him.

"I know. I trust you too, but there's still a part of me that I don't trust. I'm doing this to make sure that side never comes back," he said.

They rested their foreheads against each other until they kissed. He wrapped his arm around her while she placed her right hand on his cheek. They soon parted, just breathing each other in.

"Just promise me one thing," Y/N whispered.

"What's that?" Bucky asked.

"Once you are back, we will get married," she requested.

He smiled, kissed her forehead, and assured, "I promise."

He was then put in a simulator and was frozen.

The siblings stared out a window as T'Challa walked toward them.

"Thank you for this," Steve said.

"Your friend and my father, they were both victims. If I can help one of them find peace..." T'Challa told them.

"You know, if they find out he's here...they'll come for him," Steve pointed out.

"Let them try," T'Challa responded.

Steve left for a minute, leaving Y/N and T'Challa alone.

"Your highness," she said, getting his attention, then requested, "May I ask you a favor?"

"You may," he answered.

"When Bucky is out of the cryo freeze, I would like for someone to contact me to come back and if it pleases you, we would like to get married here. He's been through so much and I won't stop being there for him, even after death. So, we want to make it official and what better place to do it than right here?" Y/N explained.

The king smiled at that.

"As you wish, Miss Rogers," T'Challa granted, they looked out the window, then he said, "I actually owe you an apology."

She looked at him, a little confused, then asked, "May I ask what for?"

"Back when I thought Barnes was the man who killed my father, Romanoff told me that you were willing to lay down your life for him and I immediately saw you as a threat. I was willing to do anything to kill him and get rid of anyone who stood by him. But after finding out the truth, I saw how wrong I was. And for that, I apologize and ask for your forgiveness," he explained.

Y/N smiled and answered, "There's nothing to forgive. You were blinded by revenge and you finally saw the true threat. And for that, I thank you."

They nodded with smiles and she left to catch up with Steve.

Meanwhile, Peter was checking out the additions to the Spider-Man suit Tony gave him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You guys are going to get married! Awesome!