Chapter 21: The Interrogation and Bucky Controlled

The interrogator then sat at a desk in front of Bucky's pod, with him still bound.

"Hello, Mr. Barnes. I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind if I sit? Your first name is James?" the interrogator asked.

Meanwhile, Sam, Steve, Y/N, and Sharon were in an office watching the interrogation on the screen; the audio was cut off.

"The receipt for your gear," Sharon said, giving Sam the receipt.

"'Bird costume'? Come on," Sam complained.

"I didn't write it," Sharon remarked.

She then pushed a button, allowing them to hear the conversation.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James," the interrogator said.

"My name is Bucky," Bucky stated.

As this was going on, nobody except the interrogator knew the trap that was about to happen. But he continued the interrogation so no one suspected a thing.

That's when Steve and Y/N were going over the blurry photograph of the man who was responsible for the bombing in Vienna.

"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" Y/N wondered.

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" Sharon listed.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier," Steve commented.

"You're saying someone framed him to find him," Sharon guessed.

"Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing. And Y/N, he may have been himself when he was with you, but people will still think he was the bomber," Sam pointed out.

"He didn't bomb the UN," Y/N pointed out.

"That turns a lot of heads," Steve added.

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would," Sharon pointed out.

"Yeah," the siblings responded.

They all looked back at the screen.

"Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?" the interrogator wondered.

"I don't want to talk about it," Bucky said.

"You fear that...if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry," the interrogator said.

The interrogator got a message on his screen: 'message inbox:1'. He touched it and it read:

'Status: package delivered'.

That's when the interrogator was revealed to be Zemo.

"We only have to talk about one," Zemo continued.

Meanwhile, the device that Zemo set up went off, making all the lights go out, making the interrogation hard to see.

"Great. Come on, guys, get me eyes on Barnes. Go," Ross commanded.

"FRIDAY, get me the source of that outage," Tony said.

"Sub-level 5, east wing," Sharon said.

In response, Sam, Steve, and Y/N ran to stop what was going on in the interrogation room. T'Challa immediately saw this.

Back in Bucky's pod, Bucky was confused as to what was going on.

"What the hell is this?" Bucky demanded.

"Why don't we discuss your home? Not Romania. Certainly not Brooklyn, no. I mean, your real home," Zemo stated.

He took off his glasses then walked towards Bucky with the red book and a light source. He then began reading the words as he circled Bucky's pod.

"Желание," Zemo started.

(A/N "Longing.")

"No," Bucky whispered as he shut his eyes and snapped his head back.

"Ржавый," Zemo said.

(A/N "Rusted.")

"Stop," Bucky commanded.

"Семнадцать," Zemo continued.

(A/N "Seventeen.")

"Stop," Bucky growled as his metal arm started shaking in the restraint.

"Рассвет," Zemo read.

(A/N "Daybreak.")

Bucky screamed as he ripped his metal arm from the cuff.

"Печь. Девять," Zemo continued.

(A/N "Furnace. Nine.")

Bucky then started pounding the glass door.

"Добросердечный," Zemo said.

(A/N "Benign.")

Bucky continued to punch the glass harder and harder.

"Возвращение на Родину. Один. Грузовой вагон," Zemo read.

(A/N "Homecoming. One. Freight Car.")

Bucky then punched the glass door clear off its hinges and across the room. He stepped out with a dark look on his face as Zemo stepped toward him.

"Солдат?" Zemo questioned.

(A/N "Soldier?")

"Я готов отвечать," Bucky answered.

(A/N "Ready to comply.")

"Mission report. December 16, 1991," Zemo told him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Damn it. Bucky is under Zemo's control. Anybody want to punch Zemo for that?