Chapter 39: Setting Things Right

Tony went in his office and opened the package to find a phone and an envelope inside. He opened the letter and read it to himself.

Tony,
Y/N and I are glad you're back at the compound. We don't like the idea of you rattling around a mansion by yourself. We all need family. The Avengers are yours, maybe more so than ours. I've been on my own since I was 18. Taking Y/N in along the way was hard, but worth it. We never really fit in anywhere, even in the army. Our faith's in people, I guess. Individuals. And we're happy to say that, for the most part, they haven't let us down. Which is why we can't let them down either. Locks can be replaced, but maybe they shouldn't. We know we hurt you, Tony. I guess I thought by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you and I told Y/N not to tell for the same reason, but I can see now that I was really sparing us, and we're sorry. Hopefully one day you can understand. We wish we agreed on the Accords, we really do. We know you're doing what you believe in, and that's all any of us can do. That's all any of us should. And Y/N has told me that she's sorry about what she did and if you can, she has invited you to her and Bucky's wedding.

Before he could finish it, he got some type of notification.

"Priority call from Secretary Ross. There's been a breach at the Raft prison," FRIDAY informed.

"Yeah, put him through," Tony said.

FRIDAY did so.

"Tony, we have a problem," Ross started.

"Ah, please hold," Tony requested.

"No. Don't--" Ross warned then was cut off.

Then Tony continued reading the letter.

So, no matter what. I promise you, if you need us, if you need Y/N and me, we'll be there.

And at that time, Y/N and Steve broke in the Raft prison and freed their team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Really crazy!