Chapter 1 ~ A "normal" morning

The next morning I woke up, Dad already left for work. I dressed myself with a black hoodie and a blue jeans and ate some cereals for breakfast.
After breakfast I walked up the stairs to put my draw book and some pencils into my bag. Then I took my bag, put my leather jacket on and drove with my bicycle off to the next bus stop.

Though it was already spring, it was colder then it was most winter. As I drove past the neighborhood I barely saw other people. It wasn't unusual that this early in the morning no one was around and I secretly enjoyed the quietness of the cold morning with the sun slowly rising up, making  light fog appear around the town.

The bus came like ten minutes too late, but with the sweating busdriver fasten up the rest of the way, I managed to get to school just in time.

My exam was in the first two hours. The questions were easy to answer, but my biology teacher, Ms. Martens, made me nervous. She was coughing very loud and scratched her hand during the whole exam. She also looked out of the window the whole time as if she was in some kind of trance. After the exam I left and walked around the school.

The school I attended wasn't anything special. It was a huge building complex surrounded by a small forest. During the breaks I prefered to stay in our class room. It was my own little safe haven. The floor my class was in was kind of a dead end. The floor was build up like a square with room in the middle of it. The only entries were a double-door that led right to our auditorium and a staircase that led to a floor above us, where the teachers room was.

"Hey buddy, hurry or do you wanna  skip our art lesson!" my closest friend Locke said, giving me his stupid grin I hated and loved at the same time.

Usually I didn't talk much to most classmates. That resulted in me not having much friends. To be more specific I could count all my friends on one hand. There was my cousin Woody, a girl with long blonde hair called Louisa, our history teacher Mr. Mayers, who I was speaking with when I wasn't in my classroom during breaks, and my closest friend Locke.

"Yup, let's go. Or otherwise Mrs. Lyons will be as mad as last time we got late." Woody said, while putting his hand on my shoulder.

He always was the more adult-like of us two, mostly because he had to babysitt his smaller siblings since forever.

When we walked to the art rooms, we decided to take the shorter path over the soccer field outside, but we didn't make it very far.

There were a few of the younger students, boys and girls, playing soccer together and two strange looking adults approaching them.

Then our schools loudspeakers rang for classes and I could see what those strangers were.