"Glenn is much better at this whole talking thing than I am," Nathan agreed. "But I'm Jean's best man, and he asked me to come in here and check on you, so I'm in here right now, checking on you". Nathan looked around the room. "Where's your brother?"

"I told him to leave me alone for a bit," Caden explained. "He wasn't helping".

"Well, how can I help?" Nate asked, and Caden let out a deep breath of air and dropped down against the bed.

"Tell me that he loves me".

"Oh, he does," Nathan confirmed. "Undoubtedly. He was broken for those three years you were apart".

"And tell me that we'll have a good marriage".

"You will," Nate said with great confidence. "I mean, it's Jean, and he'll still be a pain in your ass, but he will stop at nothing to make you happy".

Caden made a noise of content and allowed his eyes to slide close. "Alright," He said. "That's what I needed to hear".

"So you're not about to run away?" Nathan asked and Caden let out a small chuckle.

"No. I'm not going to run away". His golden eyes slid open and he stared at the ceiling. "I tried that before, remember".

"It didn't work very well," Nate recalled. "You just had to get a drink at the bar Jean was bartending".

"I did," Caden said, grinning. "I'm glad".

Before Nathan could say anything else, there was a knock at the door, and then it opened to reveal Caden's mother. She smiled at the two of them. "It's time".

During the ceremony, Nathan spent most of his time watching Glenn, making faces at him every time the man looked back at him, though he did grin at his parents every once and awhile.

And then it was over, and Caden kissed Jean and everyone clapped and Nathan grinned at his husband in the audience, thinking about how far they'd all come, and Glenn returned the gesture.

***

At the reception, after his speech, Nathan left his spot at Jean's side to find his family. They were sitting at a round table toward the front, and Nathan sat in the seat next to Glenn, taking his hand to kiss the back of it.

"Did you sit by someone more attractive than me?" Nate asked and Glenn hummed.

"Yes, but she was taken," he claimed and Nate chuckled. Glenn's hands moved to Nate's neck and he removed Nathan's tie and dropped it down onto the table before fixing his collar. "Is this where you whisk me off to the bathroom and blow my mind?"

"That part comes in a little bit. I need to blow your mind in some other way first," Nathan said and Glenn looked curious. "So, our anniversary is in three months, but I got you a gift a little early-"

"Nathan Pearson," Glenn groaned and Nate laughed softly and kissed his hand again.

"No, listen," Nathan began. "I know you love your job running the organization, and you're doing great things for a lot of people in need, but I know sometimes you feel like it's not enough". Glenn's eyebrows furrowed. "So... I was looking at organizations around the world, trying to find something for us to do to help people and... Uh..."

"What, Nathan?" Glenn asked softly and Nathan maintained eye contact for a moment before sighing and releasing Glenn's hand to instead hold it out to Carmen.

"Dad, could I have the thing?" He asked, and Carmen looked at him blankly for a moment before his mouth made an o and he began rifling through Osmond's pockets, pulling out the white envelope and handing it to his son.