Room 106 was the third room on the left, and he knocked. "Yeah?" A familiar voice called and Nathan pushed it opened and leaned around the door to peer in at the groom.

"You called?"

The other man huffed. "You fucker. You're supposed to be my best man. It's your job to calm me down right now, not ditching me for your husband," Jean snapped, reaching up and pulling on his hair. He turned to the wall length mirror in the room and looked at himself. "I think I'm going to be sick".

"I didn't realize you would be this nervous," Nathan admitted, slipping into the room and quietly shutting the door behind himself. He crossed the room and went to stand beside his best friend. "I mean, you're kind of getting what you've always wanted".

"Ugh," Jean groaned, turning to Nathan and dropping his head down onto his friend's shoulder. "How did you do it?"

"Do what?" Nate asked, rubbing a soothing hand up and down his friends back.

"Get over your nerves on your wedding day?" Jean elaborated and Nathan thought back to that day, nearly nine months ago, and remembered how he got over all of my doubts.

"Well, my parents were there to calm me down, which I know you don't have, but honestly, I'm guessing that not having your parents here is a sort of comfort for you," Nathan began and Jean nodded against his shoulder. "I guess I just kept thinking about Glenn and how perfect he is, and how good we are together, and it calmed me down to know that I would see him soon, standing at the end of the aisle". Jean let out a long sigh. "You're not about to change your mind, are you?"

"No," Jean assured with confidence. "Caden on the other hand..."

"Caden's been in love with you for six years, Jean. You don't need to worry about him changing his mind".

"He was nervous about today," Jean claimed. "And that made me nervous".

"Of course he's nervous. Everyone is nervous on their wedding day," Nate pointed out and Jean lifted his head for Nathan's shoulder, his eyes very wide.

"Will you go and make sure that he's still here?"

"What?" Nathan asked. "Of course he's-"

"I'd feel so much better if you just made sure," Jean cut in, and Nathan looked at him with narrowed eyes for a second longer before sighing.

"Fine".

He left Jean's room after telling his friend he was being ridiculous one last time, and then went next door and knocked. Just as he suspected, Caden's voice called out, inviting him in. The man was alone, sitting on the bed and staring at his feet. He looked up when Nathan entered and sighed loudly. "Morning," Nathan greeted and Caden looked back down at his shoes.

"Why are you here, Pearson?" he asked, and Nathan smiled at the sound of his new last name since it always made him think of the man it had belonged to first.

"Making sure you didn't run off," Nathan responded honestly, going to sit next to the older man on the bed. Caden made a soft sound of understanding.

"He's freaking out that much?"

"Yeah," Nate admitted, and the answer seemed to make Caden relax.

"That makes me feel better, I guess".

Nathan was quiet as he thought of what to say. "Wanna talk about it?"

Caden sighed and turned his head to look at him. "You have no idea how badly I wish you were Pearson right now," he said, and Nathan's eyebrows raised. "The other Pearson".