Nathan- Thirty-four

Start from the beginning

"Does it bother him?" Jean asked, and Nathan let out an exasperated sigh.

"No. Of course not. Nothing bothers Glenn. He's a saint. It bothers me," Nathan explained and Jean blinked.

"That's literally the only reason why I do it". Before Nathan could once again remind his friend how infuriating he was, there was another knock at the door, and this time it could only be one person.

Osmond had already returned to his seat beside Carmen at that point, so Nathan was the one who got up to open the door for Glenn, who immediately greated him with a large smile. "Hey you". Glenn entered the house, and Nathan pressed a kiss to his forehead in greeting.

"Hey yourself," Glenn responded, and then he nodded down to the things in his arms. "The one on the top is yours. I finished it a while ago and wanted to wait to give it to you". Nathan looked down at Glenn's arms and then made an ahh sound.

"My blanket?" He asked, and Glenn nodded.

"Take it". Nathan took the red folded blanket out of Glenn's arms, briefly wondering who the blue grey one was for before dismissing it and examining his own. He unfolded it carefully.

It was big, much larger than he was expecting, and a deep red, the same color of his sheets which Glenn had at one point compared to marinara. In the dead center was a very large, bold, letter N. "I love it," he said, folding it over his arm and Glenn smiled sheepishly. "Seriously, how long did this take you though".

"Forever," Glenn claimed, sounding a little exacerbated. "Not as long as your parents did though". Glenn moved completely into the kitchen and handed the other blanket to Carmen. It was the same as Nathan's, except blue-grey, and instead of an N, there was a D in the center. The gesture seemed to charm both of Nathan's parents, because they both thanked him with large grins on their faces.

"We have your gift in the other room, dear," Carmen assured and Glenn's eyes grew wide.

"Oh! You didn't need to-"

Osmond answered him. "We did," he assured, nodding. "Trust me. We did".

Glenn grinned, and Nathan threw his blanket over the back of the couch before going up to his boyfriend and pressing a hand to the small of his back to get his attention. "Yeah, so, you clearly know my parents, and Jean-"

"Hey Pearson," the boy in question cut in and Glenn absently waved a hand to him.

"And the Drake's-"

"Hi Glenn," Ezra greated and Glenn responded with a short hi as his hand subtly slipped behind his body to grasp Nathan's fingers.

"And then there is my uncle Keith, and his wife Sarah-"

"Who I've heard so much about," Glenn finished, going over to shake both of their hands, dragging Nathan behind him by their intertwined fingers. "How's your daughter?"

Sarah blinked in surprise. "She's great".

"Yeah," Keith adding, looking displeased. "Met some Norwegian boy within the first month of being there and now she'll never want to come back".

Nate gently nudged Glenn forward and whispered, "do you want to take a seat on the couch?" in his ear. Glenn obeyed, moving forward and taking the seat beside Jean that Nathan had originally occupied, leaving Nate to sit on the ground by his feet, leaning back against Glenn's legs. He tilted his head up to look at him, and Glenn leaned down to speak to him.

"Merry Christmas," Glenn breathed and Nathan grinned at him.

"Yeah. you too. Was it hard for you to get away from your family?" Nate inquired and Glenn shook his head a little.