This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes. "You're seriously the oldest?"

"Brains and beauty." He said smiling.

"Get off your high horse." I quipped "And lets get this shit fixed."

We spent the next couple of hours repairing the fence. Once we finished, we headed back toward the house. I was grumpy and ready to be home. Shane was getting on my last nerve.

"What are you doing here anyway Dem?" He asked. "Dad told me that you had said something about moving back here. What are you running from?"

"I'm not running from anything Shane. I'm just tired of LA." I answered.

"Bullshit." He said. "I know you."

"Not as well as you think you do." I snapped back. "I told you, I'm just sick of the city."

"It's not like you have the kind of life you can just leave without explanation Dem." He said seriously.

"Don't fucking remind me." I mumbled.

"Speaking of which, do you think Selena realized who you were?" He asked smiling.

"I'm pretty sure that unless she lives under a rock, she knows who I am." I said, looking at him like he was absolutely stupid.

"I don't know." He said, clicking his tongue. "I don't think she knows."

"You're stupid." I said. "Nate probably told her."

"Nate didn't tell her shit! She's clueless." Shane teased.

"Will you just shut up. I don't want to talk about Selena anymore." I told him.

"She's super hot. I'd hit it." He says randomly. "What do you think?"

I rolled my eyes. This fucking guy. You have no idea, I thought to myself. I let out a sigh.

"No. She's not my type."

He didn't say anything. He just smirked and shook his head. We got back to the house with several hours to spare before dinner. I decided to spend it napping. I walked over to the big oak in the middle of the yard and leaned up against it. I lowered my hat over my eyes and folded my hands across my stomach. I could feel the light breeze as it tickled my arms. Once I was relaxed I felt myself drift into a peaceful slumber.

I woke up slightly startled. Someone had kicked my leg. It wasn't a hard kick but it wasn't exactly friendly either.

"Get up. We need to talk." I heard Selena say.

"Go away. I'm sleeping." I grumbled.

I felt her snatch my hat off my head. "I don't really care." She said in response.

She was frowning.

"I like it when you're angry." I smirked. "So forceful."

She looked like she wanted to slap me.

"Can you stop with the innuendo. It's inappropriate."

"Sure." I answer, looking her up and down.

She had nice hips.

"Whatever this thing is that's happening, it needs to stop." She said her voice cracking slightly.

"And what exactly is it that you think is happening?" I asked.

I couldn't help but smile. I found this entire confrontation amusing.

"Are you attracted to me?" I added trying to get a rise out of her.

"Absolutely not!" She sputtered. Trying to look completely horrified. It wasn't really working, I could see right through it.

"Then whats the issue?" I asked nonchalantly.