Book Club

Who are we?

Who are we?

We are the ones who inhabit this realm, a small casual group offering an intimate, monthly one-on-one reviewing experience. This way you can positively discuss things with your partner instead of being overwhelmed by a whole group of people reviewing your story at once.

Despite being vampire centred, your story doesn't have to completely revolve around vampires. If one pops up somewhere in the story, you are eligible to join. A story about werewolves where the main enemy is a vampire? Cool. A story with humans hunting on vampires? Bring it on. As long as at least one vampire is in there somewhere and plays a part, you're welcome!

Do you not have a book and simply want to read? That's fine! We'll just match you with an already existing couple, and you can choose to read one or both.

So how does this work?

Every month, you will be paired up with another person and read their first five chapters. During reading, you comment on the story as well as leave a large comment at the end of every chapter. Once you are both finished, PM this account and we'll cross you off the list. Please be sure that your comments are helpful and that you put thought into them.

You can further discuss the book in PMs, continue in the comments or head over to the talking thread. the more conversation, the better. The first letter of the password is b.

Any negativity will NOT be tolerated. Rude comments, ugly behaviour, put-downs and nasty PMs are unacceptable. If another member is doing this to you, PM us immediately and they will be removed from the club. There are nice ways to say things and ugly ways. Think of how they can take their story to the next level, how they can improve their writing skills. It's also very important to point out the things the writer is doing right.

Also, please, let us know if you change your username! If you don't, we can no longer find you, especially if it's your first month. This prevents confusion and mix-ups.

Your match is chosen randomly by Coven leader Vee. Failing to complete your charge by the end will get you a strike. Two strikes, and you're out for a month. Unless you warn us prior to the point that you are leaving, then we know and can take it into account. We know life can be hard on people, but we wouldn't want to match someone with an inactive member. The second letter of the password is o.

Fail to reply to all messages we send altogether and don't do your task at all, you will be removed from the selection. No activity for another month and you're completely out.

A few small criteria

* Basic grammar, spelling, and punctuation are very important. Your story needs to be somewhat edited, so the other members can read it. We don't want to make it awful to read the book club stories.

* No unethical relations, such as child/doctor relationships, or student/teacher. It can make other book club members very uncomfortable. The third letter of the password is a.

* Chapters need to have a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 3,000. Anything above 3,000 needs to be split up into separate chapters, to ensure everyone has around the same load every month. Every story part counts as a chapter (this includes doing things such as "Chapter 1: Part 2" - that is then counted as the second chapter/part (unless there's a prologue, then it's the third)

* Your story needs to have five chapters posted at the time of joining. It has happened before that members said they would publish their story or publish the amount of needed chapters, but ended up not doing it. The fourth letter of the password is t.

** These criteria are subject to change. They may also affect old members. **

Form
Username:
Name:
Book title (you can only submit one book):
Chapters:
Genre:
Sub genre:
Mature (if so, tell to which degree):
Password (it is hidden in the rules above, to ensure you've read them):