2. Foreign Faces

In honor of Harold's 21st birthday--sighs dreamily--I will give ya'll a free chapter and a possible double update today (: Also as a heads up this chapter does not follow the prologue. The prologue will happen later on in the story. enjoy x.

* Edited *
__________________________

Sprinting down the stadium's corridors was exhausting, to say the least. I wasn't sure where I was headed but I knew for sure that I had to get away for a few moments and take a breather.

But then Harry's image came to mind. I have no idea what was going on in his head but I had a feeling that he didn't know either. The way he had looked was mind-boggling enough as it is. Could he have recognized me from somewhere? No, that can't be it, I haven't even been to one of their concerts before, besides this one.

I've never met the guy personally, and there's no way for sure that he would recognize some random fan. But in this case he had looked puzzled at first and then speechless the next, like when you don't know what to do or say. And what about that feeling I had felt? I could feel something electricity-like throughout my entire body and it had knocked the wind out of my lungs. And it was only from a look too! What is the matter with me--

"Hey! Stop!"

A deep voice rang, interrupting my thoughts. I slowed my pace, just like the person had ordered, and looked behind me to see who had yelled. A man with a security guard uniform came rushing up to me, a suspicious look written across his face. Oh crap...

"Why were you running?" The guard questioned while trying to catch his breath.

"I-I was... I was r-running because I... I have to go to the bathroom, like really badly, and I can't find it." My cheeks burned at the obvious lie. Note to self: Work on lying ability.

"Uh huh..." The guard gave me one last questioning look before pointing to a corridor to his left. "Go down that hallway and it's to your right. Can't miss it."

I look to where he's pointing at and force my best smile. I thank him and head down the hallway. Sure enough, a bathroom is there. I internally praise the heavens that I didn't get in trouble and open the door, entering the restroom and trying to get my mind cleared up.
__________________________

"C'mon, you stupid thing! I want my soda!" I begin hitting random buttons in hope that it will give up my cherry drink.

By now I had missed a few songs from the concert and Layla is probably going nuts right about now, wondering where the heck I am. I had sent her a text a minute ago, saying that I was having trouble with the vending machine and she only sent me an 'L.O.L.'. That bitch.

Turning my attention back to the evil contraption that ate my money, I sigh in frustration and kick the vending machine but immediately regret it afterwards when my toe starts throbbing with pain. "Ow, ow, ow..."

"I don't think kicking the poor machine will give you what you want, mate."

I turn to my left to see a boy with an amused smirk leaning up against the wall, his arms crossed across his chest. His brown hair was held back from his face thanks to a black bandana, and his dimples on either side of his cheeks gave off a friendly image. But I've learned from past experiences not to judge a book by its cover. For all I know he could be an axe murderer, rapist, serial killer, or any other kind of criminal. I looked him up and down, surprised not to see tattoos or piercings covering his body, or tattered clothing--well besides the few holes in his tank top and skinny jeans.

I might as well let him help me if he's offering, I'm in desperate need of my cherry soda. I huffed, running a hand through my hair. "Then what do you suggest?"

"Not kicking it, obviously," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

He stood up straight and walked over. Only a few feet closer I could now see that his eyes were a shade of light brown, and they glistened under the light. "Well, I've learned a few tricks with dealing with this kind of thing. With this case it's jammed. Sometimes you have to just shake it a little-," he placed both his hands on either side of the machine and shook it, and then the sound of my cherry soda fell, "-and viola."

Reaching down, I grasped my drink and pulled it out. I looked back up at him and smiled, this time a real one. "Thanks, I'll, uh, keep that trick in mind..."

He returned a smile, his dimples showing, and held out his hand. "Ashton."

I placed my hand in his rather large one and shook it. "Serenity."

His eyes widened suddenly and his mouth feel agape, shock painted across his features. When I tried to let go of his hand he only gripped mine tighter. I narrowed my eyes and rose a brow, confused by his actions. "Um, can you, like, let go?"

"What's your last name?"

Taken aback, I only questioned him further. "What does that have to with anything?" I tried breaking free of his grasp but it tightened even more. "Dude, let go of my hand!"

"Serenity," he finally let go of my hand but then placed both of them on either side of my head, "answer me. What is your last name?"

The look in his eyes was almost desperate, flickering back and forth, searching my face for an answer. Thinking that the silly question was harmless, I hesitated but answered anyway. "... McKay."

"Serenity McKay..." He whispered. A giant smile broke onto his face as he repeated: "Serenity McKay!"

I furrowed my eyebrows even further and nodded, confusion swarming over me. Do I know this guy from somewhere else?

"I-I can't believe it! You're here, y-you're alive!" He then pulled me into his chest, his arms wrapping themselves around me tightly. Not knowing what else to do, I just awkwardly stand there. My thoughts eat away at my brain, showing no mercy. He can't believe I'm alive? Am I supposed to be dead?

"What the hell are you talking about? Are you on drugs?" I exclaim after failing miserably at trying to create distance between Ashton and I.

His arms unwrap themselves from around me but only to be placed back in my hands again. The same stupid grin plastered on his face fades and turns into a frown. "Do you not remember me?"

I inspect his face one last time but nothing seems familiar. I give him a questioning look and shake my head.

His shoulders slump heavily, an obvious wave of confusion hitting us both. His hold on my hands loosen a fraction but then tighten again. A new determination crosses his eyes as he drops one of my hands and starts walking, dragging me along with him.

"Hey! W-Where are we going?" My voice cracks.

He turns his head to face me while he walks. He then flashes a warily smile that held both warmth and uncertainty. "You'll see."
__________________________

you guys like the new cover? made it myself, hope you loooooveee it like we loooovveee ashton (: