Near-Death

Hank sure hated when criminals resisted arrest.

They had found that criminal who had shot and stabbed Connor, the drug dealer, and Hank had effectively cuffed him and had been dragging him to the police car when the man kicked him with suprising vigor.

Buckling, he had little time to move as a cuffed wrist was slammed into the side of his head, and the little shit began to run. Connor yelped in worry when Hank disregarded the now very much open and bleeding cut on his head to sprint after him.

He grabbed the guy, who spun to shoot forward, headbutting him. He reeled, vision going blurry, and felt as though every puft of oxygen had been slammed from his veins as a knife sank between his ribs.

He fell to the ground, chilled by the light snowfall around them, blood staining the pure white coating the floor. He hazidly saw Connor move to knock the guy out while he was distracted ensuring Hank was fully down, and Connor simply kicked the incapacitated criminal harshly in the head before moving to Hank at a speed the lieutenant had never seen before.

His vision went black.

×××
"Hank? Hank, are you awake?"

He groaned, mumbling something vaguely resembling '5 more minutes..' as he turned in his bed. His mind was snapped to consciousness when Connor practically leapt at him, arms encircling him tightly.

"God,*hank*!" he spluttered, eyes filled with more emotion than even most human's were capable of. "I was so scared! You almost did not make it!"

He wheezed but leant against the bot. "Yeah, well, i got you to thank for saving my ass"

He took slight satisfaction in how his gratitude brought a flush to his partner's cheeks.