one

I drove by all the places we used to hang out, getting wasted

Luke
I step into my car after I finished work. I still can't concentrate on anything. I can't get you out of my head. I miss you so fucking much. I drive past that old, dirty grocery store we always went. Sometimes with friends, mostly alone. Just the two of us. We would buy lots of food, and drinks, and just sit there for hours. The owner of the store knew us and he was okay with the fact that we bought alcohol, illegally, cause we were underaged back then.

I remember us getting so wasted on one night, that we accidentally kissed. And that was the moment I fell in love with you. Like, crazy in love. And I know you're gone, but I still am. I can't stop thinking of you. I stop the car in the parking lot. "Hemmings!" the owner shouts from behind the counter. I look up. "It's been a while!" He said. I nodded. "I know. I just drove by," I said. "Where's your girlfriend?" He asked.

"She left," I said, looking down at my shoes. "What? I literally remember her screaming that she'd never leave you! I remember that like yesterday! It was in the middle of the night, and she climbed on the roof, and she screamed: "I love Luke fucking hemmings so fucking much, I won't ever leave him!"" The owner said. I bit my lip and I smiled. "She did anyways," I said.