Day 30 - Starved

Its been over thirty days since i updated the dairy, it had been impossible to write for the past thirty days as there was barley any food to give me the energy to lift the up the pen i stole from 30 days back.

The past 30 days for us has been hell. I don't know what hell is actually like but the suffering we girls have experienced so far is very close to the descriptions of hell that is excluding the fire and demons. Thinking about hell brought me back to the times when i was in school learning about the book of revelations and  so on. It brought me back to the times when i raced to the lake after school with Fatima and come back home with soaked school uniform. 

We lost Fatima on day 28. She had been very rebellious, fighting and struggling for freedom and going against the terrorist group and their rules. Sadly she was stoned to death and we were made to watch her death. To some of us her death was a warning not to disobey them. Meanwhile to others it made them stronger, giving them the power to escape and seek justice. As for me i felt nothing but pain. I had not expected to have lost my dear friend so soon. All i could feel were my throbbing eyes and head. After the whole 'ceremonial killing' we remaining girls were forced back into the cell, almost like how a dog is dragged by the leash into its cage. 

It was the same routine everyday except ceremonial killing was never a part of the  routine because people were extra careful with their behaviour towards the terrorist attackers.

The cell was always dark with a pool of light on by the left side of it. Getting out of that cell was a tiny bit relieving even if it meant we saw someone getting killed. 

Shelam