Writing

Harry's POV

It's December now. It's almost time to go home for winter break.

Normally, I would be stressing over finals, but right now I don't even care. All I can think about how this is the last winter break I'll ever have at university. How after this, time will no longer be divided into semesters and vacations, but into the real world. And the real world doesn't have any breaks.

My breakdown with Louis on Halloween was one of many I've had in the past few weeks. The more job interviews I do, the worse I seem to get at. And it's taking a toll on my self esteem.

I wake up in the middle of the night, in a panic, usually shaking from nightmares about being forever unemployed or ending up as a waiter for the rest of my life. Not to say there's anything wrong with being a waiter. But NYU is an expensive school, and i have loans to pay, which I can't do on a waiter's salary.

My parents aren't helping the situation.

"Harry, did you find anything yet? Go to the career center!" My mom will text me. As if I hadn't been going to the career center multiple times per week for the past month.

"Any leads yet? You have to loosen up on your interviews!" My dad will say over the phone. I've done plenty of practice with interviewing, but I guess all i have to do is loosen up and everything will work out.

Groaning, I stretch my back and try to focus on the study guide on my desk. But all I can think about his how fucking useless it is - how useless this whole university is. I can't even fucking get a bloody job.

I've been looking mostly in marketing and communications, as Thats the field I have done my internships in. I don't even know if it's what I want to, but it's what i have the most experience in.

If it was up to me, I would just be a writer. In English and in Spanish, ideally. But that doesn't really pay the bills. So marketing it is.

I stare at my study guide, resisting the urge to crumple it up. When did things get so complicated? My life used to revolve around uni and my friends and visits with Louis. Now I had to focus on finding a job, getting my own place, building a life.

I and Im just not ready for it. I'm just not.

A little while later, my laptop starts to beep and I realize it's time for Louis and I to Skype.

"Heyyyy," Louis says excitedly as his face pops onto the screen.

"Hey, babe," I reply, smiling.

"I love your hair like that, you look so cute," Louis giggles.

I blush. How does he always know how to cheer me up?

"Thank you, gorgeous," I reply. "So what's going on?"

"Not much. Finishing up a lab project this week so I'll have more free time," Louis says. "Going to the gym later. How about you?"

"Trying to get through finals," I say, rolling my eyes. "And cool. Good thing it's almost over."

"Yeah. And I get to see you soon," Louis says excitedly.

"Yes! I miss you, Babe," I reply, making a kissy face at the screen.

"Miss you too," he replies. He runs a hand through his hair, a gesture that always makes me hot and heavy with lust.

"Mmm, Lou," I say, raising an eyebrow. I get closer to the camera and lower my voice. "Can you take some clothes off."

Louis bites his lip. "Do I have to? I'm so fat right now."

"Louis, you're nowhere near fat. You have to quit saying that," I nearly shout.