Chapter 25- Connor/Wade

(Explanation- the text in bold is Wade, the regular text is Connor. Italics just means extra emphasis or thoughts as per usual)

It was almost too easy to steal a plane. I stole a uniform from a wonderfully willing chap who was more than happy to lend it to me when I pointed a gun at his head. Soon I was tiptoeing across the runway with my suit in my bag. I surveyed the variety of planes until I saw one I wanted. It was bigger, better, faster, and more heavily armored that any of the other planes. It was also the most expensive, but hey. I was in a hurry. I dashed up the loading ramp and into the cockpit.

"Hey!" The pilot said, standing up from his seat. "You're not supposed to be here! You don't have clearance."

"Buddy, I have clearance everywhere." I said. Then I picked him up and tossed him out the door I came in like a sack of potatoes. I sat down in the pilots seat and started up the plane. The engines roared to life and I quickly checked the plane's vitals. Fuel? Check. Wings attached? Check. Radio cued to easy listening? Check.

I've had a lot of experience commandeering planes, if you haven't noticed.

Hang on, back up a bit. I don't think I've introduced myself. Wade Wilson, Mercenary extraordinaire. I'm the 'other half' to Connor's brain, and I can tell you it's not all it's cracked up to be. Sharing a body and mind with that goody-goody? Euch.

It had its perks though. I could annoy him in my spare time and he was still smart enough to let me take over on the delicate operations that involved killing someone. He wouldn't have the guts to do the job properly if it wasn't for me.

Anyways, all that he said earlier about me being erratic, crazy, and prone to massive mood-swings? 100% true. And I'm proud of it.

To be honest, sharing a brain with Connor wasn't really that bad. He was here first, after all. I came after he was injected with the Project X serum. He was a pretty good sport about it- I wouldn't like sharing a brain with me either. We worked fairly well together a he said, reaching an agreement eventually that he would take care of the diplomatic stuff, and I would do the dirty work.

Connor gave me control over the next few hours, since I was better at doing this kind of thing. Like I said, I did the dirty work.

We still disagreed on just about everything, and the one thing we were completely united for was rescuing Paige, or as he called her, Thea.

Because that's her name, dipshit. Connor interjected.

Oh, Connor, what are we going to do with you? She's Thea to you, as you always knew her that way. To me, though, she's Paige Parker. You know, one superhero secret identity to another?

Fair point. But still, her real name is Thea.

And you can still call her that, alright? But I'm calling her Paige.

Whatever. Just fly the plane, idiot.

Sure thing, boss. 'Boss' was my nickname for him- one of many that I used to annoy him when we were mad at each other. Which, not surprisingly, was pretty often.

Back to the matter at hand.

Normal planes would take roughly 18 hours or so of flight time to reach Honolulu, with an added five hours of layover time. Our plane would take about 10 hours, with no stops, to reach the address Beth gave us.

Despite having the best plane that I could possibly have, 10 hours seemed like a long time. Really, really long. I was incredibly restless the whole time, fidgeting and zoning out before Connor reminded me that I was driving a plane, and that if I crashed it we'd have to pay for it.