Chapter 19- Paige

The next day I woke up feeling sore in my injured arm but still more rested than I have since before I took on my whole persona as Spiderman. Emily made both Haley and I a wonderful breakfast before we headed off to classes. Within a few minutes of our arrival, Max cornered my by my locker.

"Where were you last night? Your aunt said that you were over-"

"-at Haley's house? Well, I was."

"What happened?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, feigning innocence.

"You're favoring one arm. Show me." He said, with a no-nonsense tone in his voice.

I sighed. I pulled my neckline down on one side to show the stitching.

"Did that really happen last night? It looks a week old, at least."

"Advanced healing." I shrugged.

"Are you going to tell me what happened, or am I going to have to force you?"

"Well, it turns out I'm not alone- but I already knew that. So I stopped a drug deal but turns out the little buggers had backup that I had to take out and the last one standing was about to kill me when none other than my dearest friend Wade Wilson shows up and shoots him in the head."

"Who?"

"Wade Wilson. Deadpool. Merc with a Mouth. Turns out he had been hired to capture me but when I revealed I knew his name he went nuts and eventually pinned me by my throat to a wall and removed my mask. He was understandably shocked and released me before telling me that it was against his 'views' to kill hot chicks." I said, grimacing.

Max looked stunned. "Wait, so this... place we're in isn't just Spiderman's universe it also encompasses..."

"The entire Marvelverse? Seems to be that way."

"Jeepers... that's pretty mind-blowing."

"What about this situation isn't mind-blowing?" I pointed out, slightly irritated. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get to class." I said, leaving him behind wondering what on Earth he had said to upset me.

Aunt May had recovered substantially after the loss of Uncle Ben but she still was having difficulties functioning as a normal human. That was why I was currently heading into the city with a list of groceries to buy. To be honest, she had only set foot outside the house to go to the funeral, so the responsibility of keeping the house together had fallen to me.

I was heading home with a bunch of grocery bags in each hand when I heard the words every woman dreads hearing.

"Hey Baby. What's a pretty girl like yourself doing out alone on a night like this?"

"Please don't." I said, sighing.

"Aw come on. Don't be that way. We only want to have a little fun." I turned around. The two men stood behind me, both leering unpleasantly. When they saw my face, their eyes lit up. "Damn, girl. You're pretty hot." The one who had been speaking said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You must have missed the part where nobody asked your fucking opinion!" I said, starting to get angry. I had absolutely zero tolerance for perverts.

"Woah, girl, calm down."

"Don't tell me to 'calm down'. I'm warning you now- leave me alone." I regretted not bringing my suit with me; not that it would have done much good right now.

"Or what? You'll scream?"

"I can do much worse." I replied.

"Yeah right." He chuckled. Then he and his partner started forwards. I rolled my eyes, setting the groceries out of the way. Then I flexed my shoulders, wincing when my stitches twinged a bit. The two perverts spread out, blocking the end of the alley should I try to escape. I highly doubted I needed to. They stopped a short distance away, plotting their next attack. Then one of the men lunged at me, trying to pin me down. Imagine his surprise when I wasn't there. It was too easy, really, to avoid the lumbering fool.