Chapter 2: Reunion

D r e w

Once we arrived at the Pokémon center, I couldn't help but stare at May. My feelings for her have gotten a lot stronger. Now I feel wayyy more closer to her than just having a simple crush on her. I like her. I really really like her.

Could this be love?

I shook the feeling off when I heard May yell, "Max, over here!" She said but before she could react, Max had already jumped on her and gived her a huge hug. She returned the hug. "Jeez, looks like someone's happy to see me... For once." She chuckle at her own comment.

"We were so worried about you! Where did you run off to?" Max asked her and then his eyes fell on me. He smirked. "Oh, I see... You ditched us so you could go and hang out with Drew, is that right?" He said teasing us.

I felt my face slowly heating up. I looked down at the floor and then at May to see that her face is as red as a tomato. Wait... Is she... Blushing?... Does she?... I shook my thoughts away seeing that Max and May were in the middle of an argument. "Ugh, Max! It wasn't like that! I was in the middle of a forest and Drew just so happened to be there!" May said trying her hardest to explain.

"Yeah, right. Sure you were."Max said sarcastically. At this point May was furious. Her face was still red but of anger. She began chasing her little brother all over the Pokémon center causing a lot of people to look at us. Suddenly, Ash and Brock walked in. "Oh Drew! It's been so long, what brings you here?" Ash asked me.

"Just passing by, and so happened to bump into Airhead here." I said pointing at May who was out of breath from chasing Max. Then I realized what I just said. Luckily, May didn't heard me call her 'Airhead' or so I thought... "WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME, GRASSHEAD?!?!!" I turned around and gave her an innocent/apologetic look. I was so scared to death that I even closed my eyes waiting for the next move. But nothing came. I opened my eyes to find May laughing on the floor.

Confused, I asked her, "What are laughing at?" She looked at me and calmed herself down. "You should've seen your face! I wasn't planning on doing anything to you." She said making me sweat dropped. "You weren't?" I questioned. "Nope! But I repeat, never call me Airhead! Understand?" I nodded.

We both turned to the others who were just staring at us. Max with a smirk plastered on his face, Brock with a grin, and Ash... Um... Of course looking confused as ever. Gosh, he's as dense as a rock... Why did I even bother worrying about him taking May from me? It's pointless.

May laughed nervously trying to avoid the situation we were in. "Well.. um... I'm feeling much better now so I'm off training with my Pokémon outside." She said while grabbing her Pokémon and heading outside. I looked out the window to see that the weather had cleared out. "So, Drew..." Brock started.

"How did you find May?" I smiled remembering what happened. "Well, I just so happened to be passing by the forest when I heard crying and found May." I responded not giving them the full details. Brock shrugged. "But how did you manage to get her in a good mood? Knowing May, it's nearly impossible to do that in a matter of time." Max stated. "Well, um... I just did..." I said having no clue how I did it exactly.

"Well, we are gonna go and signed us up a room to stay at for today. See you later, Drew." Ash said while waving and walking away, the others following.  I was about to sit down on one of the couches when it happened.

Yep, fan girls.

In just a second I was surrounded by them and hearing shouts like, 'OMG! It's Drew!', 'can we sit next to you?', 'do you have a girlfriend?"

I sighed. This is gonna be a long day...