2

LOUIS POV

The event is undoubtably boring and I find myself migrating to the corner an hour into mingling, I'm just not up to keeping up the act for much longer. My parents have stolen the limelight anyway much to my relief and I find a seat at a table out of the way just watching the party and all the people. My eyes tend to drift to Harry and I try to subtly watch him as he scans the room for possible threats, I'm sure he doesn't even realise how many people are looking at him in awe, the girls around look like they want to jump his bones. It makes me jealous for some reason and I end up getting more frustrated. I sip slowly on my drink when two dainty hands fall across my eyes.

"What are you doing all the way over here darling" Charlottes voice rings in my ears.

She smiles at me as she takes the seat next to me, her perfectly done hair and nails are a must for these events. Her elegant sapphire dress shimmers in the light as she sits down with grace and perfection. She takes my hand in hers and looks me in the eyes.

"I just wanted to be alone for a while" I tell her honestly.

Her bright eyes sparkle back at me with all the love in the world.

"I understand darling I do, but don't you think you owe it to yourself to be happy. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks here Louis, just be yourself, no one can expect any more of you" she tells me.

"You make it sound so easy Lotts, I feel trapped like I'm hiding everything that's truly me and I can feel myself breaking" I say.

She smiles at me sympathetically.

"I understand this must be so hard for you Louis, just hang in there and remember that I'm always here for you okay, so is Fizz, anything you ever need just ask" she says so lovingly towards me.

"I'm just so tired of playing the game, I just want to step away for a while you know" I say quietly as I look down into my drink and watch the ice cubes clink together.

"I know my darling, I'll have a talk to mum and dad okay, see if you can have a break for a while, go on a bit of a holiday? Maybe find a nice fit guy....." She smirks and laughs.

I blush profusely at her words.

"Shhhhhhh, don't say that out loud" I say but laugh at her.

"Besides mum and dad would flip if I was seen with another guy, you know the public wouldn't want fathers only son to be gay" I sigh out.

"Times are changing Lou and I really think you are a big part of that" she says so sincerely to me.

I smile at her, I love my sister to bits and I'm so glad her and fizz are around to support me. Even if the public doesn't take my eventual coming out so well, at least my family loves me for who I am. My parents although being quite strict and proper, always made sure the three of us grew up with out a care In the world. My childhood was amazing and I'm so thankful for that. It wasn't until the public started taking an interest in me that things started to change. I was 15 and it was like my life was thrown into the spotlight one day and I haven't had the time or chance to catch my breath. My every move was monitored and scrutinised and the press and public eager to watch on as I was moulded into the perfect son and role model, slip ups were not taken lightly and even my university life was dulled right down. I was never allowed to experience the partying or 'fun' side of any of it. Instead I was kept under complete watch and in such a small protected little bubble. God forbid the prime ministers son was seen drinking or skateboarding or even with a split lip or skinned knee.

I understand the threats on my life are real, I'm sure there are threats concerning me every day but I just don't think it's that serious that I need to be held captive from the world. I feel trapped and alone, I just want to find someone who I can share my life with, who I can have some fun with away from prying eyes. I crave freedom and to just live as myself, not judged or ridiculed for my choices in life. I never want to disappoint my father or my mother, as much as I'm frustrated with the situation, I would never want to be the reason my father didn't make office for the 5th consecutive term in a row. I will do my best to keep up the facade of perfect son, as much as it kills me to do it at least I will make them proud of me.