zach

genre: lowkey angst (like many a tiny slither of it), and fluff
word count: 780
warnings: explicit language
pairing: zach mitchell x reader
[after jurassic world, past post-traumatic zach (even though that's not a thing)]

You were off staring out of the window. You glanced over to the street in front of you. You saw a guy from your school. He was just chilling on the sidewalk, with his camera around his neck. His hands were in his jacket pockets. He was looking around like he was looking for someone. Suddenly, you noticed he was looking towards you, or at least your direction. He smirked and winked at you.

time skip

"Y/n!" you heard from behind you. You hummed in response. You could hear them jogging up to you. "I found something online last night and I really think you should look at it," your guy friend, Jake said. It was lunchtime and you were just walking around. He showed you his phone screen. It showed a picture of the guy that looked at you at your house, Zach. He was standing in front of your house posing, though the house wasn't exactly in the picture, which made you calm down.

"How many times do I have to tell you, I don't care for Zach," you responded. Jake knew you used to like Zach but he still thinks you like him, and to be honest, he's right. You just don't show and tell about your crush on Zach. You deny every single time about having one. Last year, you never stopped talking about Zach. And all you could think about was him. Now, you had to focus on soccer tryouts (if you dont play soccer too bad so sad, haha) this year. This season you were planning on going full try-hard mode. Tomorrow was your first game.

time skip

Basically, you were trying really hard not to disappoint the coach and your team members. You were the team captain that is. Out on the field you spotted Zach, which was already looking out to you. And you specifically. He had a genuine smile on his face. Right next to him was Jake. It looked like your whole friend group. You spotted Zach turning towards Jake and asking something while glancing at you. You could see Jake smirk. "That bastard," you mumbled. The game was starting in 1 minute. Right before you turned your head, you saw Zach smirk too.

Later, the score was 20-20. It was a tie at the moment. You glanced up at Zach, he smiled at you. Immediately the game started again and you watched your teammates kick the ball to your other teammates. "I'm open!" you yelled out. Immediately there were opponents on you. You swerved passed them and was given the ball. Before you knew it, the ball was flying threw the air as you kicked it and it flew into the goal. Right when it landed in there, the timer ran out. Your teammates ran to you and you guys were jumping around yelling things about winning.

time skip

"Hey, y/n!" you heard from behind you. You turned around to see Zach. You jumped, "oh, hey Zach!" "I was wondering if you would like to hang out with me," he asked. "Like a date, or just hanging out?" you replied. "It can be a date if you wanted," he smirked. "Sure," you said. He smiled, already looking forward in taking you out, after all this time.

time skip again

"So, I know it's a touchy subject but what exactly happened at Jurassic World?" you suddenly asked Zach while you guys were on the subject of past events. "Y-You don't have to answer, if you aren't comfortable," you spoke. "No, no I," he chuckled, "it's okay, I- uh was stupid during that time," he said. He explained it to you, sometimes getting emotional talking about his brother. "We're always gonna be brothers," he stated, "High school just wasn't great." "I'm sorry, I think I went too deep," he apologized. "N-No it's okay," you reached out to hold his hand. The coffee shop you guys walked to due to unexpected rain was quiet. There were only a few people here, although it is a wednesday night around campus. You guys just stared at each other. You finally noticed how dull his hazel eyes were. "Zach, I-" you blurted out but was cut off by Zach's lips. His lips were soft. You pulled away for a breath after a while. "I've been waiting to do that for so long," he stated. "Y-Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?"

"yes"