2

Age sixteen

We didn't stay friends as long as I thought we would. The moment we hit high school me and Ray split up, I went my own way and he went his way. He soon became the most popular guy in school and I became the schools bad girl. I was always late for class and I very rarely stayed. I spent most of my time in the principal's office.

"Elizabeth I don't know what happen to you, but if you need to talk I'm here." The principal said softly.

"Nothin happen. Why is that what everyone thinks?" I asked annoyed.

"You have been distant and you are very smart, but seem to like getting into trouble." He said with a frown.

"What can I say I'm a Snart." I said hatefully.

"I know you and Mr. Palmer are no longer friends-"

"This isn't about him!" I snapped angrily.

"I know... I'm just saying-"

"Well stop saying! I don't give a rat's ass about him! Now if you don't mind I got to get home." I said grabbing my bag and leaving the office.

I walked home and smiled as I saw Leonard and Mick in their car. I ran over to them and hopped in placing my bag beside me.

"So is it the day?" I asked with a smile.

"I said when you hit sixteen we would take you on a heist. Your sixteen." Leonard said with a smile.

I smiled as we made it to a old building and walked inside to find a necklace called the amulet of snow. When we finally found it I reached to grab it only to have it shock me. When I woke up I was alone and inside a cave of sorts. I looked around and saw a pull of water and looked down in shock, my once brown hair was now blue.

"Welcome." A eery voice said.

"Where am I?" I asked looking around.

"The cave of the protectors. You have been chosen to weld the amulet of snow." The voice explained.

"Why me?" I asked confused.

"A danger will come and you must fight it, you must become a legend. Until that time comes learn to use your powers in secret."

"Why must I hide my powers?" I asked walking through the cave.

"A darkness will over take you should you use your powers for evil. You must protect this power. Do not allow it to be tainted." The voice said before a light hit my face.

When I was able to see I was back home and Leonard was fussing at Mick. Leonard looked over at me and rushed to my side. I smiled softly as he hugged me.

"I was so worried." He said moving hair away from my face.

"What happen?" I asked confused.

"Tripped a fail safe. Shocked you and knocked you out." He explained.

"And the necklace?" I asked softly.

"We have it. Here. I was thinking since it was your first one you could either keep it or sale it. Your choice." He said ruffling my hair.

"I'll keep it." I said placing it around my neck.

He smiled as I stood up and walked out of my room and to the kitchen.

"So when is our next heist?" I asked with a smile.

He laughed as he told me about our plan and then left for his house. As the weeks past it became easier and I soon started liking it. My brother never said anything about my hair, then again it went back to its original color. When I became a senior my father learned of my activities.

"So you have been stealing with your brother..... I'm so proud of you!" He exclaimed hugging me.

I froze up as he had me go with him to a gala and I groaned as I realized who's gala it was.

"Lizzy?" A voice asked.

I turned to see Sydney and I smiled softly.

"Hey what have you been up to Syd?" I asked with a smile.

"Nothing much. I've been going to school what about you?" He asked with a smile.

"Nothing much. Helping with the family business." I said with a smile.

"Ray will die when he sees you." He said with a smile as he turned around.

"Syd! Wait!" I exclaimed.

"Hey Ray come here!" He yelled anyways.

I looked down and internally groaned as I looked down at my green dress. When I looked up I saw Ray walking up to me and Syd.

"What's up bro? Who is this?" Ray asked confused.

"It's Lizzy." Sydney said with a smile.

"Who?" He asked confused.

"It's-"

"I'm a friend of Sydney's. It was nice meeting you Ray, but I have to find my father." I said interrupting him.

I pushed past him and made my way over to my father. After awhile I snuck up the stairs and to the bathroom. I made my way to the library and hacked into a safe located in a desk. I smiled as I made my way out with the jewels and left with my father. When we made it home he was laughing and looking at the jewels.

"Why you stay in school I'll never know. You know what.... your dropping out." He said with a smile.

"Wait what! I was wanting to graduate!" I exclaimed shocked.

"To bad. I need you here. No more school and that is final." He said walking away from me.

I felt my heart break as I ran up stairs and slammed my door shut as I climbed out of my window and onto the roof with tear filled eyes. I looked up at the stars and let out a sigh. I stayed up on the roof for a few minutes before going back into my room and laying down. A few days after I was forced to drop out I decided to leave, I packed my bag before throwing it out the window and crawled out. I let out a sigh as I knocked on the door and played with my necklace. When it open I looked up to see Mick.

"What are you doing here?" He asked confused.

"I couldn't stay.... I just couldn't." I said as tears streamed down my face.

Mick pulled me into a hug and Leonard soon came to the door and took my bags.