Arrival

I was standing at the train station, waiting for my uncle to come and pick me up. I was not sure if he would be the one picking me up since the last time I saw him he was feeling a little ill. And with it being awfully cold here in Avonlea I wouldn't expect anyone to heal here.

After quite some time waiting I decided to walk outside of the station. While walking I accidentally bumped into someone. "Sorry, I was supposed to pick up my cousin thirty minutes ago" a familiar voice said frantically. "Maybe I could help you, because I may be that cousin Gilbert Blythe" i said with a smirk. Gilbert turned around and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me ever so tightly.

"Oh Abby i can not believe i didn't t recognize you!" Gilbert exclaimed while guiding me out of the station. once we sat down in the carrige, Gilbert and i went deep into conversation. after a long conversation we finally arrived at the Blythe house hold. "I just have to clarify one thing before we go inside. Father has gotten tremendously worse since the last time you visited" gilbert said with his eyes down to the ground. I could tell that this was hurting him so much more than any of us could ever imagine. Still I felt sad that almost the only family that i have left is not going to live for much longer.

Gilbert opened the door for me and I stepped inside. The house was different. It looked the same, but it felt different. I took off my jacket and turned around to Gilbert, signaling that I didn't know where to hang my jacket. He smiled in realization and grabbed my coat.

After I got settled in my bedroom I walked out to the living room, looking for Gilbert. "Gilbert?" I shouted, since I couldn't find him. "He's out in the barn, working" said a weak voice. I followed where the voice came from and eventually ended up outside a closed door. I opened the door and inside, on a bed, a familiar face was laying.

"Uncle John!" I exclaimed happily. "Hello sweetie" he said smiling. John Blythe was like a second father to me, and when my father passed away a couple years ago he was there.

"How are you, Abigail?" My dear uncle asked. "I'm alright, I guess" I answered. After my father died mother was devastated. She started drinking, a lot. I didn't dare to tell anyone, in fear of me getting punished. One day she got so mad at me that she threw a porcelain plate at me. I was so terrified and I honestly thought she would murder me one day.

I told uncle John and he immediately took me in as his own. He of course didn't mention that he was this sick. He looked like he could go at any minute now, which was probably true.

Suddenly Gilbert came walking in. "I've made food, do you want some Abby?" I nodded nervously. A flash of confusion was visible through his eyes, but seconds after he went back to his smiling self.

I hadn't told anybody except for my uncle about my tragical past. Of course he knew about my dads passing, but he doesn't know abut my mother and her actions.

Minutes later Gilbert came in with three bowls with soup. And the rest of the evening we sat in uncle John's bedroom talking about life and eating soup.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I woke up to light shining into my eyes. I grabbed the pillow under my head and laid it over my eyes, I've always loved to sleep and hated to wake up.

After a couple more minutes of sleep and Gilbert shouting my name I woke up. I grunted loudly, making sure everyone in the house was aware of my miserableness.

I walked down stairs to the kitchen where Gilbert was sitting eating breakfast. "You like to sleep in" he said. "Wow, i didn't notice" I said sarcastically.

I sat down and started eating my food. "We have to leave soon" he mumbled with his mouth full of food. "I'm sorry, what?" I laughed. "We have to leave in 10 minutes"

I dropped my fork and gawked and him. "Why didn't you wake me up?!" I stressed out, while running up the stairs. "I tried!" He shouted back. I bent down so he could see my face from the stairs "Well obviously not hard enough!" I said starring at him.

"Stop arguing and get dressed Abigail" he said while laughing.

I walked into my bedroom and looked through my clothes. I had four dresses to choose from, since I couldn't bring all of them from New York. I had one light blue dress, a pink one, one cream colored and one grey. I went with the cream colored dress and then went on to do my hair.

I looked like a mess! I started combing me dark hair, which was full of knots. An "ouch" coming from me anytime the comb brushed through a knot. "Abby I have to leave now, or else I'm going to be late!" Gilbert shouted from downstairs.

"Okay, I'll be down in a second" i said, not caring if he heard me or not. I was too busy fixing my hair. I pulled the hair around my face back and tied it with a cream colored lace, matching my dress.

I ran downstairs putting on my shoes and jacket. I grabbed my hat and ran out. Gilbert was still waiting for me outside. I had been walking for a couple minutes when I noticed something was missing.

"My basket!" I ran back home, and got my basket. I walked into Uncle John's bedroom and said farewell.

I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. I was almost at the school when I heard Gilbert "any dragons around here need slaying?". Classic Gilbert. Suddenly I felt hands around my waist turning me around.

________________________________
First chapter complete!!
Comment what you think!
Who do you think it was that turned Abby around?

antagonized :: andrewsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें