Chapter One: Lilliana

The week before school ends, everyone is always in a frenzy. Whether it's of excitement, or dread, it's always there. This year happened to be the last year of school for me, however, and I was looking forward to leaving this hëll hole.

"Lilli!" I hear someone yelling from behind me. I turn to crash into my best friend, and we both fall on the ground.

"Watch where you're going, idiot!" I say, rubbing my shoulder.

Michael has been my best friend since my family moved to Sydney when I was seven. He was trying to rollerblade, and he fell on his butt. He was trying not to cry, and I helped him get home that night, realizing that he lived next to me. He has been my friend ever since.

"Maybe you should've kept walking, stupid." Michael says, grinning.

My sister, Rose, walks in front of me, looking angry.

"Ro', what's wrong?" I ask, standing up and walking over to her.

"Nothing, go away, Lilli." She says, speeding up. I stop walking, looking after her.

"What's her problem?" Michael asks.

"No clue." I answer.

He waits a moment, and we start walking again.

"Anyway, the reason I needed to talk to you was because I have good news and bad news.".He says.

"What's the good news?" I ask, nervous.

"I've got tickets to Warped Tour." He says, smiling.

"Oh." I say. I'm happy for him, but I had tickets, and my dad took them because I am, "too irresponsible," or some shìt like that.

"Bad news is that I don't have my license, due to that little incident."

Yeah, he wrecked his car into a minimall. Idiot.

"So?" I say.

"I need you to take me, and I know you wouldn't want to sit in a car while I'm rocking out, so I got you a ticket too."

"HOLY CRAPNUGGETS REALLY?" I say. I hug him, "THANK YOU."

Happily, the date is two days after the last day of school, so I definitely can go.

"My friends are going, too, so you can meet them." He says, I nod, not caring.

I get to go!

***

That night, I find my sister crying in her bedroom.

"Rose, are you okay?" I ask, opening the door.

"He cheated on me." She whispers.

He being Alex, her boyfriend, or I guess ex boyfriend now.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Rose." I say, hugging her.

She cries into my shoulder.

"Wanna watch pokemon?" I ask.

She sniffles, and nods.

After three episodes, Michael walks into the room.

"When'd you get here, fücker?" I say, smirking.

"When I decided to." He says, flopping down on the floor, "What's wrong with Rose?"

"Alex." Is all she says.

Michael nods, knowing that Alex was up to something. I know he'll press for details later.

"Well, uh, I just found out that Zach can't come, so I have an extra ticket, do you wanna come, Ro?" Michael asks.

Rose thinks for a moment, then nods.

"Okay." Michael says, then he looks at me, "I'm gonna crash on your couch, okay?"

I say okay, and he goes to lay on the couch, to sleep.

***

The rest of the week passes in a frenzy, and school ends. Finally the night of the date comes.

Rose gets ready hours before we leave, and I go to take a shower. I hear a door slam downstairs, indicating that Michael and his friends have arrived.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opens, and a guy that I don't recognize is standing there.

I curse the clear shower curtain. I curse it.

We kind of just sit there and look at each other for a moment before it sets in what's happened.

"Get out!".I yell, trying to cover as much of my body as I can.

"HOLY SHÍT, I'M SORRY!" He says, quickly leaving.

I turn the shower off, getting out and sitting on the floor in a towel.

This is going to be an awkward night.

When I get out, he's standing there.

"Uh, I just wanted to say how sorry I am." He says.

I look at his eyes. He has nice eyes.

"It's fine." I say.

"I'm Ashton, by the way."

I look down, my wet purple and blue hair covering my whole face.

Yes, my hair is purple and blue. Don't judge me.

"I'm Lilli." I say.

I stand there for a second, then walk quickly down the hall.

Can you spell awkward?