8

The bell rang, signalling the end of the second lesson of the day and now it was break. I had just spent the past hour sitting at the back of the classroom alone and trying to think about how I can make up with my new friends. I slid out my bag from the desk and followed the students out into the corridor. I know I'm going to have to spend the 20 minute break alone, so went to the canteen and found a table at the back of the room and sat down, pretending to go on my phone.

I felt people's stares burn the back of my head, but I had to try and ignore them. My brother had made loads of friends and well me, day 2 and I'm the lonely new girl sitting at the back of the canteen, trying to avoid people! Then, I saw a shadow form over my table and I looked up.

Kai.

"Anyone sitting here?" He asked, is he joking? I'm pretty sure he's trying to wind me up.

"No, obviously not," I replied and put my phone down on the table next to me. Shortly after, he took the seat opposite the table.

"Brad told me, you know, Brooklyn." Oh now he's going to be that concerned little brother, I kind of preferred him when he was being rude, don't ask me I don't know why.

"About?" I asked, trying to act innocent.

"You falling out with Blake and his friends." That's two people who have referred to that group as "Blake's" group, like he was the leader or something?

"He shouldn't of." I told my little brother.

"I don't care what you think," he paused and licked his lips, "Brad had every right to tell me, your my sister and I'm not letting some petty people get you down."

"They're not petty." I defended and instantly saw Kai smirk.

"What did you fall out over?" He asked, "Brad never told me."

Oh nope.

I can't tell my little brother I fell out with people I've only been friends with for a day because they think I have a thing for his best friend.

"It's private Kai." I mumbled.

"So you'd tell Brad, but not me?" He sounded really offended.

"It involves Brad, that's why I told him..."

"Do you fancy Brad," he interrupted, "only everyone's saying you guys are giving that sort of vibe of and Ruby and him have history so it would explain why you and her fell out."

"What sort of history do brad and rube have kai?" I asked.

He looked over a table, my eyes followed it was the same one I had sat at a day ago and George was laughing at something one of the other three had said. He lowered his voice as my gaze went back to him. "Ruby cheated on Reece with Brad, Reece found out and he was so angry about it that he got with her best friend at Ruby's birthday party and then exposed her in front of the whole school."

That explains a lot.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Brad told me, Ruby is also still in love with him, so please, for your sake, be careful."

"What do you mean?" I asked, but Kai didn't reply but instead walked away.

I sighed and grabbed my items. I'll just have to find out what Kai meant himself.

"Ruby, can I speak to you?" I asked, coming a halt in front of her table. She looked up and rolled her eyes at me.

"For god-sake, if only you leave me alone!" She snapped. I tried to pretend that I wasn't upset and followed her out into the hallway.

"Rubes, is it true?" I asked.

"What?" She replied.

"You and Brad." I bluntly said.

"I take it your brother told you everything," she rolled her eyes, "yeah, everything that happened with me and Reece is true, yes I'm in love with Bradley." The last part of that statement really hurt, I don't know why. I don't like Brad in that way.

"Oh," was all I could muster up the strength to say.

"And I'm so mad at you because I want Brad, like every other girl in this whole school." I looked down at the floor.

"Well, I don't like Bradley like that so you're fine."

"Wait what?"

"Ruby, I've only been here for a day, all I've heard about Brad is bad things, yeah we spoke last night but I'm not in love with him! I don't know why everyone thinks that. I've only been here for a day and I most certainly am not ready to be with a boy after what happened last time."

"Oh," she replied, "so I've been mean to you for nothing?"

"Yes," I snapped, "and to be honest it really hurt, because I thought you guys were my first real friends."

"Well we can still be friends, if you can forgive us?" She pleaded.

I need friends here.

"Okay." Right on time the bell rang and the three boys came bundling out of the canteen.

"Everything sorted?" Reece mouthed to me.

"Hopefully," I whispered as he came to a stop beside me.

"Guys, I was wrong, Brooklyn here doesn't fancy Brad!" I heard ruby shout to Blake and George.

"Oh my god!" George cheered, "I'm still in with a chance!"

"But are you though?" I cheekily retorted and patted George on the shoulder.

"I'm George Stephen Gresely  Smith, I'm always in with a chance."

"Glad you know your name."  I joked and he laughed, putting an arm around my shoulder. But then I felt someone barge into my arm.

"Hey!" George shouted after them, steadying me against his sturdy body as I nearly fell over. "Watch it!" He called after them again, I looked at the person he was shouting at. His iconic curls pointed out his identity. And I knew, I must of really annoyed him.

"You might want to tell Brad you don't like him." Ruby said, as the boys were fuming over this act of violence.

"Cancel on him at lunch, we need to speak to him." Blake said, whipping out his phone.