6

I put my phone back in my pocket "Oh hi Bradley," I faked a smile at him, now he was with his sister and his parents he seemed a little more sheepish.

"Hi Brooklyn." He replied, fiddling with his hands.

"I take it you guys have met each other already?" Derek, Brads dad asked and I nodded my head as a reply. "Well, you two can hang out with each other, whilst me and the girls talk about the boring business side of things."

"Brilliant!" I exclaimed sarcastically, "I'll take you to the kitchen so you can talk to mum." I walked over to the white door that was at the end of the hallway and breathed in the aroma of fresh food.

"Mum, the simpson are here, I'm going to hang around with Bradley so you guys can be boring." She nodded and gave me a smile, signalling me and brad to walk away, so I did so. "Right so erm..." I begun, but was quickly interrupted.

"Are we actually going to act like we like each other?" Brad asked, stopping in front of me at the bottom of the staircase. "Because you were shouting at me a few hours ago, telling me to leave you alone."

I knew he would bring that up.

"Listen, I love my mum," he snorted, but made sure not to laugh, "I want her to be successful, so if I have to pretend to like someone, that I've only met a few hours ago, so can't really form an opinion of them that quickly. I will do." I smiled politely.

"Okay, I respect that." He breathed.

"So shall we go up to my bedroom," I paused and saw him smirked, "get your mind out of the gutter, nothing will be happening!"

"Hey, let a man dream," he joked, causing me to softly punch his shoulder, "who said I wanted anything."

Ouch, that one was too far Bradley William Simpson.

"Rude, but come on." I mumbled, walking in front of him up the stairs and showed him the way to my bedroom.

"Woah, this is nice," he said in awe, I was quite proud of my bedroom to be fair, it was massive and tumblr.

"Thank you!" I replied, waking up the steps to my bedroom.

"You have a dog!" He stopped behind me, looking at my dogs bed.

"Yeah I do," I smiled, he's acting so different compared to how he is at school, "he's a miniature golden retriever, called Teddy!"

"I have a golden retriever too, named Jesse." He smiled, we actually have something in common woah?

"Come on, let's sit down." I smiled back at him, going over to my bed and placing my head against my headboard and brad sat at the end of the bed facing me.

"You're not as bad as I thought," Brad complimented me.

Well...

It was a more kind of back handed compliment, if I am completely honest with you, so I'll just return it.

"Thanks, you're not too shabby yourself!" I stuck my tongue out at him, causing him to laugh.

"So... why don't we (a/n: cheeky reference *wink*) make things less awkward and play 20 questions?" Brad asked, oh for gods sake.

"Okay." I rolled my eyes. Isn't this like, the oldest trick in the book?

He smirked and laid himself down, propping himself up, using his arm, "you start first."

"Erm, Okay," I tucked my hair behind my ear, "Who are you closest to in your family and why?" I asked.

He thought for a few minutes.

"I love them all but, probably my mum, just because we do a lot together, Dad's very busy with his work at the bar." I nodded.

"Mummy's boy?" I replied giggling.

"Shut up, I just got deep for you!" He jokingly replied and threw a soft cushion at my head, but ended up hitting the headboard and landing next to me.

"Bad aim?" I asked again, breaking into an uncontrollable amount of giggles.

"Shush Brooke, lets get on with this game, I'll ask you the same question."

"Well, I'm not really close to Kai, don't get me wrong I love him and all but half the time, we just argue, probably my mum because she's got a lot of respect for herself and she's really strong," I smiled, "we do a lot together as well, when she's not at work, she's really shaped me as a person."

"That's cute," He smiled at me.

"Right question number 2 from me, have you ever been in love?"

His eyes widen.

I watched his breathing become faster.

"No." He bit his lips, "don't hate me though!"

"I thought I already hated you?" I weakly laughed, then stopped, watching brad drop his guard in front of me, "if you don't mind me asking, why?"

"I'm scared of being hurt," his brown iris looked into mine, "it's normally me that normally does that."

"Have you like, properly been in a relationship though?" He closed his eyes.

"A little while back me and..."

"Bradley and Brooklyn," my mums voice echoed up the stairs, "dinners ready!"

Nice one mum, he was beginning to look a little less like a prick. Only a little though!

"Come on," he said, standing up of my bed and helping me up. I nodded and showed him the way to the dining room.

"Hey kids!" Brad's dad smiled as soon as we walked into the room, "we saved you seats together!" Erm? Okay?

"Thank you Dad." Brad muttered, taking one of the seats and I did the same.

"So guys how do you know each other?" Nat, Brad's sister asked.

"I saw her at school today," Brad answered, my mum gave me a look across the table. It was a look that said 'we need a talk'.

*

"Thank you for a lovely meal Mollie!" Anna said hugging my mum, I turned around to Brad and smiled at him.

"Don't be too cold at school!" I joked and brought him in for a hug, I was awarded with a laugh.

"I'll try not to be." He smiled and hugged me back.

"Please, can you tell me what you're going to tell me about what you were going to say tomorrow?" I whispered, nobody could hear us because they were being too loud.

"Yeah, sure." He whispered back and pulled out of our embrace.

We were stood there for a few minutes, waiting for the parents to stop talking, eventually when they stopped, we waved goodbye and shut the door.

"Whose brad?" She asked, as soon as the door clicked shut.

"Bradley, he goes to my school!" I smiled, trying to avoid her eyeline.

"He likes you." My mum bluntly said and walked into the living room, I pursued her.

"Mum we only met today!" I cringed and pulled a face.

A/N: I finally updated 🙄