4

Brooklyn's PoV:
"So do you like Brad?" Ruby asked for the thousandth time today, I rolled my eyes and slid my chair out of the lunch table.

"Ruby," I sighed and stood up as the rest of the group followed suit, "I've said this already, I don't like Bradley, I've only been here for 3 hours."

"Brooke, you can like who you like," George touched my shoulder, "it might be love at first sight."

"Shut up George," I giggled, "I just want to go to this party because it'll be a great way to make friends." They snorted and then quickly gained their posture, "I am sorry but is there something you want to say?"

"You don't want to make friends with Brad's friends." Reece muttered under his breath, but it was loud enough to hear him.

"Why?" I asked.

They all turned around and looked at each other, why does everyone at this school act so weird when you ask question?

"You'll find out sooner or later," George told me, his arm letting go of me. "You don't need to know." I just nodded. I wish people would stop treating me like a child, I am 16 for gods sake.

"Okay, I guess." They just nodded in response and we stepped out the hall and low and behold, there was my wonderful brother Kai.

He looked at me.

Then, looked away.

Then, he tried to walk away.

"Oi, Kai." I grabbed his arm and everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at us two.

"Where did you go this morning?" I snarled, this boy can push you to your limits and if he thinks I'm covering his back when mum hits the roof about him not turning up to the meeting, or being late...

Well.

You're wrong, hunny!

"I went with James and Tris," he had a massive smirk on his face and pointed at some people behind me, so I turned around.

Wow, they're gorgeous.

Oh wait. They're Brad's friends. Brilliant. I turned back around and frowned at him, "I couldn't care less, Kai."

"Why?" He laughed, trying to act all big in front of the group of people that had assembled to watch our commotion.

"Because you were late for your meeting," my grip tightened on his wrists as I felt his wrist try to break free from my hand, "if you think I'm going to cover for you when mum starts asking questions, you are so fucking wrong." I yelled out the last bit.

"Well you won't need to." He smirked, looking back at Brad's face.

"Why?"

"I won't be coming home tonight, I'm sleeping around James'." I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, so I turned around and came face to face with a tall male.

"Yeah he's staying with me." He spoke.

"James, listen I couldn't care less," I turned back around, "I'm trying to have a conversation with this dick."

"Well there's nothing to talk about." He replied bluntly, causing the anger to rush through my body like a tsunami tidal wave.

"Honestly, when you turn into your Dad..."

"Shut up Brooklyn." He tried to talk over me.

"You're not my brother because mum does..."

"Brooklyn, stop it." I heard a deep voice.

"Oh just leave me alone Brad."

Then, I felt someone drag me backwards and pull me into an empty classroom.

"You've just really embrassed yourself." They said.

"Look honestly, I can't deal with a lecture from you." I looked them up and down, "I don't even know who you are."

"I'm Tristan Evans." I rolled my eyes, "what?" He asked.

"You're one of Brad's friends." I sighed.

"Yeah, so?"

"So I don't think you're really in the position to tell me about embarrassing myself when your friends with that mess whose ruining my brother." I ranted, my voice raising at each syllable, until I started crying.

"Hey, listen," he said pulling me in for a hug, "we aren't ruining your brother, no one is." His voice was quite soothing, he didn't seem like Brad at all.

"Your brother came to us and we accepted him into our group," he pulled me out of the hug, "like Blake's group accepted you."

I nodded.

"But your new and if you plan on doing that again to one of Brad's friends you won't be making any friends." He paused and walked towards the door, "just a bit advice okay?"

"Okay."

"Listen, Brooklyn you seem like a nice girl but maybe keep the sibling hate at home." He said, before turning around and walking out the door.

Well, I've only been here for a few hours and I've probably made a brilliant first impression on everyone. I give it a hot 20 seconds before everyone's talking about Brooklyn and Kai Flynn's argument and asking questions about Kai's dad. I groaned and picked up my bag. I'm going home. Before I make any more mistakes.

George's POV:
Me and the boys sat at the table, Ruby sat down next to Reece, it was so weird seeing them two together.

"I didn't realise it was that Kai." Blake groaned, putting his face in his hands, we all had the same look on our face, confusion.

"We should've known from the last name." Reece bit his lip.

"Listen, she's nice and nothing like her brother," Ruby pointed out, "just keep her completely out of this you can't break up a family." She breathed, then looked at Reece, "yes, maybe a relationship but a family, no."

I nodded, "but Kai's awful."

"What has he done?" Ruby asked, flipping her hair out of her way and smiling up at the person who handed her our books. We waited for him to be at a distance before I told them.

"You know the night that fight happened with Brad's group and ours?"

"Yeah, you guys were quite badly hurt." She recalled, she bit her lip now, I know she hated anyone bringing it up.

"Kai tried to stab Blake."