Chapter One

Ok this is my first attempt at a story. It is a fanfic even if it doesnt seem like it at first. Please just keep with the story. Also some facts in this story may be false. Haha but i need it to work with the story. So.. Thanks for reading! And on to the story!

Btw picture is what i picture kelsey to look like... or at least similar. her hair is curlier but yeah.

***********************************************************************************

      Just another doctors appointment with the same old news. It was never any different. Never good news. Confused? Let me explain. My name is Kelsey Scott and I have kidney dysplasia. My mother, my REAL mother, ran away from home when she her sister and my grandmother moved from Ireland to England. My mother got into the wrong crowd and got pregnant. When she was pregnant she still did cocaine which caused the dysplasia. After i was born she took me to my aunts house and left me on the door step. My aunt adopted me and i never saw my real mother again. I call my aunt mum now, because she is my mum. She is the one who took care of me. we currently live in Texas. We had to move from West kelsey lincolnshire, in England. And yes that's where my name came from. I was 10 when i got a bad case of the flu. The doctor found my dysplasia and my mum, my da, my grandmother and me left England and came to Texas where a specialist lived. Im home schooled because there are some complications with having kidney dysplasia. So i dont have many friends and i dont get out much.

"Kelsey are you listening?!" My mum yelled in my ear.

"ahh! what mum! sorry. Don't have to yell at me."

"well you weren't listening"

"Well i am now, what is it"

"How was the appointment?"

"Eh same ol' same ol'. My kidney is deteriorating slowly. Nothing new."

"Still no success on finding a kidney donor?" She asked hopeful.

"Nope. Apperently im TOO healthy for a kidney transplant." We arrived back to the house and walked in."

"Well I have good news." My mum was smiling like a mad person.

"Does it have to do with the look Dr. Cunningham gave you?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well yes actually. Two weeks ago Dr. Cunningham referred you to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Their goal is to grant kids that are over 2 and under 18 that have life threatening illnesses a wish. Dr. Cunningham thought it would be great for you."

"So now my dysplasia is life threatening? Wow this is great news!" I said sarcastically.

"well if you don't recieve a kidney in time it can be life threatening. we alwasy knew this."

I thought back to the appointment.

** FLASHBACK**

"So what's the verdict doc?"

"Well you have 80% function in your kidney..." He said trailing off.

"So what does this mean?" I asked worried. "And no beating around the bush. Tell it to me straight."

"Well... It appears that if you don't get a kidney transplant soon.... You may not live to be 19."

He explained slowly. My eyes popped out of their sockets. All my breath came rushing out of me. I knew this was serious but never this serious! There was so many things i wanted to do with my life!

"Is there anything i can do to prolong m life?" I asked helplessly

"Stay on your dialysis and stay healthy. Those are your best options."