chapter nine

[third person]
-

shawn groaned angrily when aria slammed the door to their bathroom, hearing the familiar click of the lock. he sits down on the bed, slipping the single rose out of his pocket, and placing it on the bed.

he had to do something about this.

it wasn't fair on aria at all, and it wasn't fair on him. it wasn't fair on anyone if he was completely honest, it's just no one wanted to admit that.

"aria?" shawn says quietly, knocking on the bathroom door. "open the door."

"one minute," she sniffles, wiping her red eyes, and splashing her burning face with cold water. she still hasn't changed out of her dress, only cried and taken her makeup off, which was good for shawn, because he still wanted to celebrate her birthday.

aria opens up the door and walks out, seeing shawn standing next to the bed, his hands in his pockets.

"i'm sorry," aria mumbles, walking up to shawn and nestling herself in his embrace. "it's just after willow told me what's really going on, i didn't want to do anything, and i was angry and sad. i'm really sorry, shawn, i know you're my family, and we're a little family. i'm sorry."

"don't worry hunny," shawn says softly, kissing her forehead gently. "now, you're still ready, and looking beautiful, so why don't we head out to your second surprise?"

"shawn i need to redo my makeup-"

"aria, you look perfect without any makeup on, and as it is, you're gonna be the most stunning woman there," shawn whispers, making her cheeks flush wildly, burying her face into his chest. "come on, you're gonna love it."

"shawn," aria tells him softly, placing one hand on his chest and looking up. "thank you, for everything today. it's been the best day of my life so far, i love you."

"hey," shawn whispers back, a smile on his lips. "don't worry about it, you deserve it. i love you."

aria leans up, pressing her lips gently onto shawns, kissing him ever so softly, and spilling her love onto him. shawn cups her cheeks in his large hands, running his thumb gracefully over her cheekbone, making her cheeks flush and glow in the ambience.

"come on, let's go before we're not fashionably late," he grins widely at aria, making her heart skip a beat. "i'll order an uber quickly. do you wanna lock up the condo?"

"mhm," aria nods, leaning up to kiss his lips again. "i'll meet you outside, okay?"

"alright," shawn nods.

after a few minutes, the uber arrives, and aria rushes down to the lobby to meet shawn. they venture outside their complex, finding the car, and hopping inside, before shawn gives the location, coincidentally where he had his 19th, and the two of them are whisked off to the location.

"okay, i'm gonna have to blindfold you," shawn says to aria, holding his tie in his hands.

"shawn i swear to god this better not be something like fifty shades-"

"don't worry," shawn cuts her off with a chuckle, blindfolding her, thing the tie over her eyes. "it's just, a surprise."

"i'm trusting you," she says, pointing a finger out, thinking that shawns in front of her. shawn laughs, placing his hands on her shoulder, and guiding her inside the venue.