THE BOOK

to every dark cave...

there's an end.

a light. 

but it's all a maze

so find the light not the way

I was lying on my bed with my headphones on and novels lying all over the covers, I was reading 'Percy Jackson and the lightning thief'.

I was lost in the story that a sudden touch over my arm felt as if another monster just came out of the story to attack me. I gaped backward as I flinched at the voice and pointed my book as a weapon ready to draw at it anytime, but I eased up when I saw it was just Alan.

"Oh god, what'd you want?"

"did I scare you?" he looked at me worried

"no, you didn't" I started getting back to my reading 

"I did" he mocked me with a smile

"Shut up or I'll tell dad you're not doing your homework" I flipped the pages of the book

"I just finished it-"

"then why are you here?" I looked at him for an answer looking very disturbed.

"I was screaming outside for you to come downstairs for dinner" I looked at the time.

but time is flying too high

we can't always touch the sky 

as time goes fast...

I wish I could spend my day like I was at fast.

I didn't realize it was dinner yet, I just got done with studying and read novels and listened to music all Saturday.

woah, my weekend is already getting too lame.

"come on" 

"I'm coming you go" I went to the bathroom and washed my face.

000

"so how was school?" Dad asked, at the table while eating dinner

 "it was great ! my friends planned a sleepover too, at Zarina's house.." I replied with a smile

he smiled back but quickly frowned" but.. you do remember what I told you right?"

"don't listen too much to the girls and don't talk about boys it's a sin, always be modest" I mimicked him, and he grinned.

"Mashallah, my little girl" he looked gratified.

but a little part of me, felt like I was a rebel.

open the book before it's too late

for the light comes to them who let the book be opened