The Plans Ahead

"Shopping?" you asked as you adjusted your seat. You were currently contacting people on your laptop, hoping that you'll be able to get your parents to reunite. But then, your mom had walked into your bedroom. "Yes, I haven't bought any new clothes lately. And since this will probably be my only break in a while, I thought why not bring my daughter shopping?" With hesitation, you shut off your laptop before closing it. "Sure, mom. Let me get changed, and I'll be out there shortly," you replied. With that, your mom nodded before leaving your room without any further discussion. You grabbed your phone before tapping on Mark's phone number. "Hello?" Mark answered rather quickly. "Hey Mark, could you send some bodyguards over to my house?" you asked, tapping lightly on your bed stand. "Of course, why do you need them? If you don't mind me asking," he asked. "Well my mom wants to go shopping, and I don't want anything bad happening to her. So, I want to have bodyguards surrounding her," you explained. He hummed before you heard some typing. "Okay then. But what about you? Do you need any bodyguards?" he asked. You laughed, "No Mark, I can handle myself," you answered. After you told him goodbye, you ended call.

~After a while~

When you were done changing, the doorbell rung. You immediately went to the door to open it. "Hello, Miss Y/N," the bodyguards greeted. You were quick to notice two familiar faces. "Why are you guys here?" you asked, confused on why Lily and Josh are standing outside of your house. "Mark sent us over. He said that you asked for us to come with you," Josh replied, confused. You couldn't help but smile, "Mark, you're always so worried for me. Thank you." With that, you nodded. "Perhaps you'll enjoy some candy?" your driver said as he approached the front door. "The line was rather short this time," he said before handing you it. You smiled brightly. "You didn't have to," you said before happily taking the candy presented in front of you. "I'll go get my mom, and then we'll be off," you informed before heading to the room where your mom was located. "I know you want me to. Yes, I know that she's never been on a business trip. It'll be a good experience for her. After all, she's going to take over once we retire," you heard, making you stop in your tracks. "I know that she young, but she needs to be open to the idea of learning more... Well she's an intelligent young lady. If you prefer, I can teach her along the way... No, I won't. Don't worry too much about it, I'll show her," after a while, your mom stepped out of her room. "Oh sweetie, how long have you been standing out here?" she asked. "Not too long," you answered. "Did you hear anything?" she asked. "Well... I heard something about a business trip," you answered, not wanting to lie. "Oh really? I'm glad you got that information. Your father and I have been discussing it for awhile now. I know that maybe you don't want to go on one. But this business trip will simply last a week, it won't take too long. I promise you'll be back in no time," she assured. "And this business trip will happen after my month of being with you is over," she added. "I don't get why I need to attend a business trip. I already know everything about greeting people, filling papers, and so on," you said, clenching onto the candy you had in your hand. She gave a warm smile, "Sweetie, your father and I are just trying to get you comfortable in your soon-to-be surroundings. You're growing up fast. In a blink of an eye, you could be on thousands of business trips," she pointed out. No matter how much you wanted to help the family, you didn't want to be the next person in line to inherit the company. Even if it seemed wrong, you simply wanted to work behind the spotlight and not in the spotlight. It'll draw a ton of attention to you if you did take control of the huge company. After all, it has a really huge reputation, making all eyes land on you if you were in control. If that wasn't enough to not want to inherit it, there were also possibilities that you might die when you inherit the business. Anyone would kill to own such a huge business. Even your dad had been in various incidents that could have gotten him killed.

But, even if, you didn't want to be in control of the company, you had to. After all, you were an only child. "If I'm coming along to help the family, then I'll do it. But I'll also do it for the experience, since I am the next in line to inherit the huge company," you replied, unsurely. Your mom smiled. "Don't worry to much. I know you'll make a good impression on everyone I'm planning to meet up with for the week. I think you'll be a natural; I taught you many manners, and many ways how to inform information. Even if you make an error, I'll be sure to correct it," she patted your shoulder. You nodded slowly, you could feel a feeling of nervousness creeping in your body. You've never been on a business trip, and you wanted to make a good impression on everyone you might be working with for a long time. The experience is probably a good idea. Then you can understand how to teach clients. "So why'd you come to my room? Surely it wasn't because you wanted to eavesdrop," your mom asked. "Oh yeah. Everyone is here so we can go shopping now," you replied, remembering your purpose of appearing in front of the room. She nodded before walking to the front door. You sighed as you looked at the candy, still located in your hands. "A business trip... wouldn't that take me away from Taehyung?" you asked yourself before you started eating the candy. "I mean... I am being separated from him right now... I hope he isn't working himself too hard. Hopefully he's taking good care of himself while I'm gone," you thought. Even on a little break, you couldn't help worry about BTS- mostly Taehyung. You kind of missed filling out papers (shockingly enough), and telling the seven to take a break. But right now, you needed to go shopping with your mom.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako