Part 15 Belligerence | Edited

Start from the beginning

After classes, it turned out that Riddle already had plans with the Slug Club to have a meeting outside of Hogwarts. Being 'joined' to him, you had no choice but to go with him. You sat between the strange boys, all of whom were peculiarly looking at you.

As Riddle immersed into his conversations, he'd pretend like you didn't exist. If you were to ask or say anything you'd get blanked by him. Riddle also refused to budge a little so you'd get more comfort for your arm, which quickly made it feel numb.

Until an extremely beautiful girl with long, white hair and a green headband approached the club. Her bright blue eyes rested below her dark eyelashes as she looked at Riddle with affection. She wore a Slytherin outfit and had three other girls behind her from the same house.  All pretty and all confident.

This approach, of course, completely interrupted the conversation that Tom's group of 8 boys were having.

"Hello, boys." - she stopped right in front of you and Tom, both of whom were seated among the circle, as her eyes wandered between the faces. She then specifically gazed at Marvolo "Hi, Tom" - her voice was unusually low and woozy - very relaxed but overly seductive

"Lizzie." - Tom nodded his head and smiled.

"I was just having professor Dumbledore last period and got wayyyy confused about the segment. So I thought I would ask the smartest boy in school to guide me, maybe tutor me?" - she twirled her hair around her finger "In private?" - she winked.

Tom looked oddly delighted. Was it because she was so pretty? Tom always had that charming look on him though. Except for when he is alone with you, unsurprisingly.

"I am flattered." - He said in a husky voice "However, I have obligations to my friends at the moment. Among other, rather more futile burdens" - he lifted his wrist, showing the object that connected you two.

The word 'friends' he despised. You knew he didn't want any. And at this point, you considered showing more empathy to Tom. He did drink the potion after all and if another girl grabbed him before you could get to him it would be game over.

"Oh! I did not mean today, silly" - she waved her hand in an 'oh you' manner. "I'm always free if you'd like"

"Oh, that I'm sure you are" - Tom delinquently smiled

You couldn't help but chortle at his words, realizing he just called her easily accessible.

"Something funny, ugly?" - She suddenly turned to you as the girls behind her giggled at what she had said.

"Oh yes, just the word on your forehead that says 'open"

That, for some reason, amused the boys as they all chuckled or laughed at this feud and Tom, as always, enjoyed watching someone getting humiliated. However, the Slytherin girl and her squad did not find it funny at all.

Uh oh.

Her cheeks seemed to heat up, she obviously felt flustered, her veins straining on her skin "You will regret saying that." - She looked at Riddle, unable to hide the irritation in her eyes as she switched her voice from aggressive to fake and sweet. Yet hints of sour bitterness still lingered. "We'll chat about this later then" - she gave you one final gritty glare before she left the yard with her group.

"Anyway." - Tom said, addressing the surrounding boys "Shall we continue?"

" - Tom said, addressing the surrounding boys "Shall we continue?"