Mistakes

"Are you sure you want to do that, Jessica?"       

"I'm sure, Ariel... it's the safest option."

She looked at me with a look of disbelief, then snorted.

"I personally think it's a shit decision," she snapped.

I shot her an incredibly dirty look and gasped.

"Let's reflect!" I started, pausing the movie we were watching, "I didn't even know you before this, and look what happened to you! Spencer and I have something special, but I'm willing to give it all up so he will be save."       

"Then tell him that. Tell him that you're breaking up with him so he doesn't get hurt," Ariel replied.

"If I do that, he'll tell me I'm being dramatic-"       

"Well, you sort of are," Ariel chuckled, cutting me off.

"If you don't want me here, I'll leave," I snapped.

"Okay now you're being REALLY dramatic. Jessica, just calm down."

I let out a large sigh, realizing myself I was being over the top. I ruffled my hair.

"What would you do if you were in my position and Xavier was in danger?" I asked.

"I would tell him the truth. I would call him and say we needed to talk so I could say it to his face,"  she replied.

I nodded my head, turning my attention towards my phone sitting at the coffee table in front of me. I reached for it, clicking the on button. I saw a picture of Spencer and I. It was a goofy selfie we took together the night we told everyone about our relationship. It made me smile. I typed in my password and went to my contacts, finding Spence <3 along with the few other contacts I had. I hesitated as I clicked his number. It rang only twice before he picked.

"Jess, are you okay?" he asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, Spence... we just need to talk-"

Suddenly, the door was ripped off its hinges. Ariel screamed as she ran to close it. Someone jumped on top of me, kicking Fang to the side when he tried to help me. I couldn't scream as I stared into a pair of dead green eyes. The man I hadn't seen in years, my real father, saw my phone in my hand. He chuckled.

"Jessica?! Jessica, please answer me!" I heard Spencer shout from the other end of the phone. 

The man pinning me down took the phone from my hand and put it up to his face. 

"Sorry, Reid, there's been a mistake. My daughter won't be seeing you or anyone anymore." he snapped.

"I'll crush you when I find you, you asshole," Spencer growled.

The man aboved me cackled, causing me to shiver and try to get away.

"I'd like to see you try."