[au] Shawn

au
you scramble through an old, crooked box your mom gave you, for comfort, now that your dad is lost. first you thought it was nonsense, but maybe you would find some shelter in it. its been a tragedy, losing your father, even though he hadn't gone away yet. his sickness is getting heavier, even though he would never confess it. he's a strong man, always was. granny and grandpop are downstairs, sipping tea with the rest of the family. you find yourself nauseous, everybody chatting around like nothing's wrong, with dad far away. you know dad wouldn't do it if mom was the one in a hospital bed, but that's where they difference. mom makes the world turn no matter what, dad would make sure it'd stop. the wooden box with metal accents is mostly full of old letters dad send mom when he was on tour, or traveling. they missed each other very much, so much that they couldn't stay away longer than 4 weeks, so they told. even though they had a tight relationship, a gape has appeared when mom was pregnant of you. they hadn't seen each other in 2 months and he almost didn't make it the day you came on earth. but when you were there, and he held you in his arms, he swore he'd give you more than possible. and he sure did. nobody had ever loved somebody so much, as your dad loves you. you just wished you'd do the same for him now.
suddenly, as you pick up some wrinkled papers, a photo drops out. it's yellow colored and dots limit the sight, but it's obvious to show. there he is. your father, as young as you remember. the tattoo on his arm fresh and his smile bright, the same smile you carry now. the man your mom fell in love with. next to him you find yourself, young and wild. you smile a little awkward, and you remember why. mom wanted to capture your first time in a zoo, and of course you wanted to dodge the camera. dad has always been good at taking picture, probably because he took many with strangers. normally he would fake his smile, but the young wrinkles around his eyes showed the love he carries for you. a true smile, a smile you wear every day.