Nathan- Twenty-five

Start from the beginning

"You have something you'd like to say, right?" Glenn opened the trunk of Rebecca's car and began shoving his bags in.

"I'm that obvious?" Nate questioned and Glenn gave him an, Are you serious look.

"You walked me ten feet to Rebecca's car, Nate".

"Right". Nathan sighed. "We're home now. We're going to have to talk about it now, right?"

"We do," Glenn agreed, slamming the trunk shut. A second later, the horn of Rebecca's car sounded. While Nathan only sent a curious glance through the back window, Glenn jumped a foot in the air. "Shut up," he demanded when Nathan laughed, but he too couldn't help but smile. "I'll call you, Alright?"

"Yeah," Nathan agreed, and they looked at one another silently for a moment before Glenn sighed and went to get into the car without another word. As the car pulled away, Nathan took a few steps backwards until he bumped into someone, who threw an arm over his shoulder.

"You're one lucky man, Daily," Jean claimed, and Nate smiled a little before throwing a look over his shoulder to where Green was standing by his car. Even in the dim light, Nate could tell that the man's golden eyes were trained on them, watching their interaction with interest.

"What about you?" Nate asked, shifting his gaze to Jean, who grinned at him. "What even happened with you two last night".

"Well, I got in the shower with him and he got mad and punched me, and then he let me wash his hair," Jean admitted, smiling. They way he said it could fool anyone into thinking it was the best thing in the world.

"Scandalous".

"It was actually kind of perfect," the taller of the two admitted with a shrug. "I understand the situation that we're in but I can't help but to sometimes just... touch him I guess". Jean fell silent, and Nate thought about how he could partially relate. "He's giving me a ride home since my parents are too mad at me to show up. I think he's going to have us talk about it".

"You should talk about it," Nate said, thinking about Glenn. "Figure out what the fuck is going on". Jean gave him a knowing look that Nate didn't respond to. "Hey, are you sure you want to go home tonight? You can always stay at mine... in separate bedrooms now, of course". Nathan highly doubted that Carmen would allow them to stay in the same room.

"No," Jean said, shaking his head. "I have to deal with them sometime. No sense in putting it off".

Nate could think of multiple reasons for Jean to put it off, but instead he said his goodbyes and departed for his parents car.

He was hoping that maybe the topic of him winning state would come up on the ride home, but it didn't. Instead, his parents spoke quietly amongst themselves in the front seat.

Carmen had dinner out for him when they got home, but he barely glanced at it, mumbling an, "I'm not hungry," before slipping out the screen door into the backyard.

The backyard of his house was by far his favorite place in the world. It was fenced in, so he never felt uncomfortable when he was back there, and there was a big tree right in the center of the yard that he loved to lay under. That's what he did then, situating himself so there was a gap in the leafs right above his head where he could see the stars.

Nate wasn't sure if he was surprised or not when he heard the back door open and close, but the second he did, he knew who it was. "Hey". Osmond took a seat next to him on the grass, and then sighed and dropped to his back. "Well this is a shit place to lay".

"You have to situate yourself," Nathan replied, blinking up at the sky.

"You've got school tomorrow, kid," his father pointed out after a short pause. Nate grunted in agreement, but didn't respond. "You're mad at us".