t h i r t y f i v e » p a p i l l o n

Start from the beginning

I smiled, "Tell me about it." Her eyes snapped up and our gazes locked. Her jaw hung ajar and she looked surprised, "What?" She let out a breathy laugh. I took her hand in mine, "Tell me all about your poem and inspiration."

"Well, I don't know, my inspiration comes unexpectedly. I was listening to 'Find Our Way,' by Midnight Kids. and I had started this poem titled, "Baristas + Bouquets." And I have no idea why, but I just felt like this spark to continue right now," she spoke so delicately and I just could not help but smile.

"What have you got written already," I ask, trying to peek in her notebook, but she was quick to close the cover and look back in my eyes.

"I can read it to you if you want," and I nod my head, staring into her eyes. She opened the book, but held it away from me and breathed in deeply,

"baristas + bouquets

"epigraph
we could have dinner and wine
i could compliment you
b u t t h a t w o u l d t a k e a l l n i g h t
                            — romantic by stanaj

"walking in
the vintage
coffeeshoppe,
her smile was
vibrant as ever,
her lips
luscious and pink.
he didn't think
he could ever
fathom into words
how he felt with her.
he was
captivated, enticed,
and mesmerised.
'ello love,
the handsome
barista called.
and even through
all the vivacious
coffeeshoppe talks
surrounding her,
his voice was
all she heard.
melancholy + accented,
her feet took her
to the counter.

"hello handsome,
she said faintly.
her voice
was
soft, light,
angelic.
he would never
get tired of it.
she ordered her usual,
peach citrus
white tea
and a crepe.
he freshly
brewed the tea
and made the
crepe from scratch.
they conversed
in small talk,
his oceanic
blue eyes,
piercing her
liquid gold orbs.

"he disappeared
into the kitchen
only to
come back
with her order.
serving her,
she smelled of
tiramisu and citrus.

"That's all I have," she smile sheepishly. I had heard her writing recited in creative writing class, but hearing her recite it alone was different. She sounded to free spirited and her voice wasn't strained like how it'd be in class. God, she really is something divine. She looked at me, but I was already looking at her and she blushed, looking down at her lap, wringing her fingers. She was adorable.

She started to get up, but I tugged on her wrist, pulling her down on my lap and she landed perfectly.

"Where're you going?" I murmur in her hair. Her expression is one of a deer caught in headlights.

"Adrianna..." I trail teasingly, leaning against the bed.

"I was going to change the vinyl," she whispered and caught me by surprise, leaning into me.

"Don't," I whisper.

"Okay," she replied smiling, and closing her eyes with bliss.

I wanted to ask her now, but what if I mess up damnit. Things between us were going smooth, I didn't want to ruin it. I didn't want her to runaway. I didn't want her to leave me.

She makes me so fucking nervous.

I cleared my throat and opened my mouth, "Adrianna, I have something to ask you."

"Hm?"

"I-I have something to ask you," I stuttered and rubbed the back of my neck. My accent was thick now and I grew way too nervous with her giving me all her attention now. She began tracing my jawline. If only she knew what that was actually doing to me. If only she knew just how much I wanted to have her pinned underneath me.

"Yeah?"

"Go on a date with me, Adrianna," came rushing out of my mouth. Oh my dear god, I need help. Her eyes widened and she froze, "W-what?"

"Will you go out with me, love?"

"W-when?"

"Tonight!" I grinned cheekily. She was definitely surprised and confused.

"Um, uh," she bit her lip, pondering. She closed her eyes and smiled and all I could think was how much I wanted to take lip between mine. I wanted to feel her soft lips against mine. Not a second later, she opened those beautiful eyes and smiled the greatest smile ever.

"Yes, Phoenix, I'd love to," she said in her soft voice. A smile broke out on my face and I breathed with deep relief.

§

Dressed in black jeans, a black v-neck, and black leather jacket along with my black Doc Martens, I wasn't sure why I felt so fucking nervous. It was just a date.

But just a date with Adrianna, a voice laughed in my head, You're so whipped.

She descended down the spiral stairs and my breath got caught in my throat. She looked fucking ravishing. She was taking it to another level with baby pink shorts that barely covered her long and silky legs, a plain white t-shirt tied in the front and a baby pink leather jacket. And holy fucking shit, it must be some sort of sin for her to wear whatever damn bra she's currently wearing. They brought out her breasts and the tightly pulled t-shirt accentuated her curve. She had the body of an hourglass; so perfectly curved and carved. Goddamn, I was really going to have a problem keeping my hands off her tonight.

I swallowed uncomfortably, feeling myself get hard in my jeans. Fuck me, I'm going to need a cold fucking shower.

Goddamnit, I cursed in my head, the number of guys that'll make my 'to kill list' this evening for just looking at my girl would be unreal.

Adrianna Vasiliev, was mine.

"Can I get a stirred up glass of natural mineral water and bubbles," Adrianna ordered.

"I'll have the sparkling grapefruit sangria with lillet rosé," I nodded at the waiter who distractedly wrote down my drink as he just so happened to be eyeing up Adrianna. Is this fucker serious?

"You can stop staring at my girl and fucking leave," I said through gritted teeth, waving him off as he was still staring at her. He looked over at me, for the first fucking time tonight, glaring and then walking away. Excuse me?

Adrianna giggled and my attention was fixed back on her.

"Your girl?" She looked dumbfounded.

"My girl," I nodded with a smirk.

A giggle escaped her lips again and my hand went to take hers over the table and intertwine them. She didn't seem caught off guard by my gesture as her soft giggles turned into a full blown laughter. Her laughs and smiles were contagious because soon enough, I found myself laughing with her.

"Is Phoenix Worthington, jealous," she teased.

"Very," I growled, leaning over the table and placing a soft kiss on her cheek, "You're mine chérie. And only mine."

We were on Pier 31, walking out of the restaurant we just dined in and now we were heading to the ice cream parlour that was just a few shoppes away from the restaurant.

It was already eight o' clock, after we got our ice cream, we'd walk hand in hand on the boardwalk overlooking the white quartz sand and the cerulean sea. All the while, we'd feel the ocean breeze and watch the cotton candy skies as the gold skies set.

———

um, the ending was cute? remember, phoenix worthington is a brooding bastard, but he has that hidden side of him that's a tumblr boy :) so he has his moments