Chapter 10

Thomas and I sat behind some crashed plan parts. Fighting was everywhere. Nazis everywhere. Us everywhere. It was confusing. Fire came from flamethrowers. Bullets came from guns. It was so loud. My syndrome was acting up. Thomas spoke to me. "Chuck look up." I dreaded it, but I did what Thomas said. The sky cracked open. The sound of those war planes still echo in my mind Justin. "Bombers" I said to myself. "Damn right." Thomas said. The planes bottom hatches opened, the bombs were dropping. When they landed. They caused explosions. They were all kilometers away from us though. But one. One came down 50 feet away from us. "Son of a-" I was cut of by the bomb hitting. The shockwave knocked us back about 20 feet. The wind was knocked out of me. I couldn't get up. I rested there for about 5 minutes until I regained my strength. I got up and looked over to Thomas. To my horror, I saw him barely alive. With shrapnel through his stomach. " OH MY GOD THOMAS!!!!!!!!" I yelled. I came over to him. "Chuck" he said quietly. "What. What is it!?" He began to speak. "I-" he died. To this day I still don't know what he was going to say. I can't remember much after that. We were suffering heavy casualties. I know I rallied the remaining and led the charge toward the border. There were POW camps that we searched around Germany. We discovered the Nazis dreadful secret. They were rounding up Jews and putting them in work camps. They worked them to the bone, and starved them. War is like hell Justin, you look around and there's death and suffering. It isn't the glory that's portrayed in movies. If the enemy finds you, they WILL kill you.