Chapter eight

Thomas and I looked at each other with faces covered in scars. We had a long and stressful 2 hours that's for sure. "Hey Chuck" I heard him speak. "Yeah?" " There's some more soldiers approaching in the field." I looked at were he was talking about. They were Americans thank the lord. They had tanks, trucks, and ground troops. They cheered as we limped towards them. The General greeted us. " Charles, Thomas, thank god your alive. We've been looking around the whole area for you." "Thanks General." Thomas said. " Thanks but we don't have a lot of time before the Nazi reinforcements arrive. Come on." They loaded us in the trucks and drove us down the dirt road were   we first came in. We were in the same type of truck that I arrived in boot camp with. It had a back with flaps on the sides. There were about 12 soldiers in the back with us. Over the next few months our military conquest was triumphant. 2 months later France was liberated, then Belgium. But an obstacle was in out path. The Rign. A bridge interning the border of Nazi Germany. We had a camp just a few miles away from it. If we could make it through that bridge and inter the German fatherland, the war would be over in pretty much no time. Me, Thomas and the general were going over what we would do as Sargent's. Oh by the way Justin, we were promoted to Sargent's! For our actions back at the abandoned base. While any other soldiers would have run, I held my ground in defending Thomas. So General Reaver said that I was first in command with June company because of captain Thompson's death. I hated Captain Thompson. I hated him more than my drill Sargent. And he was an asshole. The General said that I could pick anyone in my company to be my second. Of course I picked Thomas. Him and I go way back. He's been my life long friend since 7th grade. Over the course of a few months our company had great victories with few casualties. I learned what it was like to be in a leadership position. So did Thomas.