It's Wednesday My Dudes

I opened my eyes to a dark room, I looked outside and there was hardly any light. Only I would wake up at literally the ass crack of dawn on the first day of school. I forced myself to throw the soft blankets off of me since it felt like I couldn't keep my eyes closed long enough to fall back to sleep.

I tiptoed my way to my bedroom door, careful not to wake my mom who was trying to sleep in before she had to catch a flight to Houston, Texas for a business trip. I made it all the away to the last three steps on our staircase before I tripped on my own foot.

"HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!" I screamed then quickly covered my mouth in fear of waking my mom up. I probably should've turned lights on. Too late now, I already took the tumble.

I made my way into the kitchen, poured myself some coffee and carefully walked upstairs into my bedroom. I picked out an outfit to wear for today and went to take a shower.

***

"Friday night and the lights are low, Looking out for a place to go," I grabbed my shampoo bottle and belted out the lyrics to one of my favorite ABBA songs.

I turned the water off, dried off and started to blow dry my wavy, caramel colored hair. "You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen!" I turned the blow dryer around to blow the hair out of my face as I sang into my hairbrush in the mirror.

I finished my hair and got dressed. I was wearing a plain, old white t-shirt, skinny jeans, my favorite cherry socks and Adidas. For makeup I don't do much, mostly because I don't know how nor do I care to really learn how. I put on lotion, mascara, chapstick and I brushed and did my eyebrows. I ran downstairs to eat breakfast, I cut up strawberries and ate them sitting on the counter. I checked the time, seeing it was only 7 am, I got up to drink a glass of water and brushed my teeth. While I was upstairs, I went into my little brother Grant's room to wake him up because boy about to be late on his first day high school.

"Wake up my precious baby brother," I cooed into his ear. "get your ass up dude, come on." He all of a sudden grabbed my face with his big ass hand and pushed me away. Oh hell no, it's going down hoes. I licked my pinky finger and shoved that shit in his ear.

"Corryn get out and leave me alone." he grumbled, holding the ear where I gave him a wet willy in.

"Hell no, today's your first day of scho-"

"Oh shit! Get out Cory, I need to get ready!" He yelled shooting up from his spot on the bed and running to his bathroom and starting the shower. My eyes widened at the sudden movement but, I shrugged it off and left his room.

I went back downstairs to check my book bag and my schedule for this year. I wrote my mom a note to tell her that Grant and I went to school and to have a nice trip to Texas. I got my car keys and I headed out the front door with Grant following me.

***

"IT'S WEDNESDAY MY DUDES aAAHHH!" My best friend, Veronica screamed as we walked into cafeteria together. I covered my ears and laughed as she got yelled at by Mr. Price.

"Ms. Cooke do I really need to give you a detention on the first day of school?!" Mr. Price scolded as he raised his eyebrows. Veronica shrugged her shoulders while walking past him, into the lunch line.

I sat down at a random lunch table, eating an apple I stole off of Veronica's tray. Veronica didn't mind though, she sat down and started talking about how this one kid in her 4th period had the audacity to sneeze next her and how she thinks she's coming down with a cold already. I sat across from her, zoning out a little until she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Hello? Earth to Cory! I think that boy from the baseball team is staring at you." She moved her eyes so she was looking between him and I.

"Huh? Wait who the fuck are you talking about?"

"Turn around dumbass! I swear he's looking straight at you girl," She whispered like he could hear her 15 feet away in a cafeteria full of teenagers. I turned around slowly, giving her a questioning looking. I turned around all the way, I stared at him for a moment until he smiled at me. He has a fucking dimple?! I furrowed my eyebrows as he WINKED at me before turning around to talk to his friends, he is actually the definition of beautiful.

"Who is that guy, Ronni?" I turned back to my friend who was wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"He is only the best baseball player at Rosemont High School. Why? Do you like him?" She started to laugh her evil laugh. I rolled my eyes, she can't be serious.

"I need a name, Veronica." I smiled but only slightly.

"Harry Styles."

^^^

Yo holy shit guys. I am actually doing this wow. Hope you enjoyed this, I really tried.