32:"Brody, I-"

Começar do início

Brody.

He was dressed in all black, making his eyes stand out even more so than usual. In his hand was a single thornless rose. Andy let go of my arm finally and turned to me.

"Don't be back at the room until at least midnight. It's now nine, so there. See you." And with that, she runs off and blends into the crowd watching the performers.

Brody approaches me slowly, making my heart beat quickly. "You look absolutely stunning, mi amor."

I blushed as he handed me the rose. He looked down at me, in a confused daze. "Do you know what a sign thornless rose means?" He questioned, his fingers lingering lightly on my knuckles.

My breath hitched at the odd question. "N-No," I stuttered, wracking my brain for any possible explanation as to what it meant.

I came up short with nothing.

Brody chuckled, then took my hand, jerking me close to him. My other hand flew out, landing on his chest. I looked up, flushed, to meet his gaze.

"Do you know how to salsa?" He asked just as the mariachi band came up on stage. They played fast-paced music, and people around us began to dance to the beat.

"I do not, but I have a feeling you're going to change my answer after tonight." I replied, clutching Brody's hand tighter.

He plucked the rose from my hand and put it in between his teeth, wriggling his eyebrows as he does so. I giggled as he pulled me closer, closing the proximity between us. He took the rose out of his mouth and put it in his suit jacket.

My breath caught in my throat as Brody told me the steps. "First, step forward with your left foot. You're going to alternate your feet with each step, okay?" He made the first move, stepping backwards. I followed pursuit, earning a proud grin from Brody.

"Yes, like that! Don't forget to sway your hips as you do so, like this," He showed me how to do the next steps, and after I stepped on his toes many, many times, I finally got it.

"I did it!" I shouted gleefully as I finished the last of the steps in order.

Brody chuckled, one of his hands leaving mine. The feeling of his feather-light touch of his fingers travelling down the side of my spine, finally resting at the small of my back, made me shudder. My head lowered, unable to hold his gaze any longer. It was obvious that there was some sort of tension between us, but I wasn't up to figuring out how he felt about that tension just yet.

Suddenly, the music stopped. I looked over to the stage where Andy was. She had a drunken look on her face as she stumbled over her own feet. "HEY GUYS! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A GRACELYNN AND BRODY? I AM IN NEED OF A WALK HOME!" She shouted, giggling at her words. "Woah, I sound weird over this thing," She tapped on the microphone multiple times, causing feedback to sound all throughout the room.

Everyone around us put their hands over their ears, wincing in the process. My hands dropped to my sides as I made my way over to the stage, Brody right behind me.

When we made it, Andy looks down at us. Her face lit up. "BRODY! GRACELYNN!" She screamed, then jumped down. I was planning on getting squished because I put my hands up in defense. Andy squealed as she came in contact with something. I opened my eyes to reveal Brody holding her squirming body with an amused look on his face.