Rhys grabbed a glass cup from the cupboard and poured himself some milk. "I think I accidentally joined a gang" he quietly told his best friend. Dia looked at him in confusion and Bucky, who is still sitting at the table, heard it very clearly.

"How does one accidentally join a gang?" Bucky asked loudly. That got everyone's attention and they turned to the table.

"Who joined a gang?" Scott was the first to ask.

"Rhys" Bucky said and Dia pointed at the man. Rhys gave them a look of betrayal.

"Whoa, Rhys!" Isaura smiled.

"It's not how it sounds! I was walking out of the store and I saw this kid struggling with his bags so I went over and helped him out. Then about five guys show up and they're like 'yo, thanks for helping out our little homie. You have any problems you come to us, ain't no one gonna mess with you'" Rhys changed his voice as he imitated the guy "then they taught me this intricate handshake and I'm pretty sure I joined a gang"

The room was quiet for a moment as they let the words sink in. They've never heard of someone accidentally joining a gang and they're not sure if its ever happened before. Well maybe it has if the person is as clueless as Rhys.

Dia was the first one to laugh and then more laughs followed.

"Laugh all you want, see who'll defend you when I call in that favor" Rhys threatened before drinking his milk.

"You're gonna challenge us to a rumble?" Natasha smirked.

"Which gang did you join, the Jets or the Sharks?" Scott asked Rhys.

"The Sharks. I be singing on rooftops" Rhys answered.

"I feel like this is a reference to something" Steve spoke up.

"West Side Story" Tony informed him. Steve didn't recognize the name. "Cultural movie. Musical. Have you really not seen it?"

"No" Steve shook his head.

"Guess our movie dates aren't over. We're watching it tonight"

"Can I join? I haven't seen it either" Wanda told Tony.

"Yeah" he nodded "you're all welcome to join"

"I'm sorry" Joshua sniggered "but I keep thinking of that Bob's Burger episode where Linda is all like 'we're going to a rumble. Right in his handsome face'"

Isaura stared at him weirdly "you need to go out more"

"And you need to go out less" Joshua replied "coming back with all those diseases and infections" he shuddered.

"And if you're not careful, your death might come sooner than expected" Isaura threatened Joshua.

The man gasped and placed a hand on his chest "did you just threaten me in front of the Avengers?"

"We will help her hide your body" Natasha commented before she took a bite from her donut. Joshua gave another dramatic gasp.

"Fine. I have something better than the Avengers! Something better than people I just met last night!" Joshua exclaimed.

"No!" Rhys immediately stopped him.

"Aw come on!" He pouted and then stood up straight as he thought of something "I wonder if Jessica will defend me"

Dia choked on the milk she was drinking, the white liquid spluttered out of her mouth and cup and landed on the table. She put the cup down and covered her mouth with her hand.

Camera Ready | B. Barnes ¹On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara