Sage scowled at him before making her way up the flight of stairs, steady feet until she reached the sixth step and another flow of electricity made it's way into her body. Stiles rushed to grab her before she fell, picking her up bridal style and carrying her up the last few steps she missed. When they got to his bedroom, Stiles carefully laid her on the bed. She gripped onto his sheets tightly as the string of torture lasted longer than the others. 

        "I don't know what else to do, Sage," the boy muttered, helpless as he stared at her with a concerned gaze. 

        Sage felt her muscles relax and closed her eyes, leaning back on the headboard. "I don't know either. Whatever this is, whatever I am, it's going to kill me, Stiles. I can't..." she paused, feeling a lump form in her throat. "I can't do this. Why did it have to be me? Am I such a bad person that I deserve to die?" 

        Stiles reacted immediately after hearing her last question. "You're not going to die. I swear to god, I'm not going to let you die; and I wish I could do something, anything. Didn't you say you're acting this way because of the marks on the back of Jackson's neck?" Sage nodded. "Okay, so maybe when they heal, you do too. Maybe they somehow put a virus in you, damaged your system. Or abilities." 

        "So, I just have to make sure none of you get killed for the next few days?" 

        "Exactly," Stiles confirmed, nodding once as his fingers went up to his lips in nervousness, biting down on the raw skin to try and take away the terrible feeling of dread that was sitting in the bottom of his stomach.

        Sage shook her head, rubbing her eyes before she felt it again. "That's going to be difficult." 

        ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐

        "Call it again," Scott ordered as he flung his body to the floor to try and locate his cell.

        Sage watched from the doorway as he scrambled through dirty clothes and chip bags, trying desperately to find it. She'd been having a pretty shit day, and night for that matter. The flow of electricity never stopped, but she had grown familiar to the pain at this point. There were only rare occasions when she would scream or cower over in pain now. Sadly, one of those times happened when she was at Stiles' house around three in the morning. Sheriff had been home by then, running into the room to see her being held in Stiles' arms as she cried from the agony. 

        She assured Stiles' dad that it was only a nightmare. He, then, asked what exactly she was doing in Stiles' bed with one of his shirts hanging loosely off her body. Sage played the card that she wasn't able to sleep alone in her own house because, "thoughts of her parents and Derek kept waking her up". It was even more awkward when Sheriff bluntly interrogated them about whether or not they were together. 

        Needless to say, Sheriff thinks she's sleeping with his son. 

        Again.

        "It's not here," Stiles answered, growing annoyed as he watched Scott freak out over his phone. He looked back at Sage, raising his eyebrows to send a silent question her way. She nodded, knowing he was asking if she was okay right now or not. 

        "So, you lost your phone," Sage deapanned, watching as Scott belly flopped onto the ground to look on the other side of his bed. "Why don't you just get a new one?" 

        "I can't afford a new one, and I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek," Scott stated, jumping up from the floor to move to his desk. Sage snorted, never having agreed with Scott more than in that situation right now. On the inside, she was freaking out because she was worried out of her mind about Derek, but the aching pushed that deep into her mind every time she bothered to think about it.