"Alright," Glenn began. "If you want to make French toast you need bread, milk, eggs, Cinnamon, nutmeg-"

"Never mind," Greg groaned loudly and Glenn smiled to himself, pouring the coffee grounds into the clean filter before pushing the cup back into the machine and pressing the brew button.

Glenn turned to look as Greg set the bacon and eggs on the counter next to him. "Okay, what kind of eggs do you want?" He asked the older man, reaching up as he did so to push his glasses up his nose as they slid down. "Scrambled, hard boiled, poached-"

"Scrambled," Greg said, opening the carton of eggs and looking at them. "Do I need to wash these?" Glenn snorted. "I'll take that as a no".

"I'm going to pretend that you didn't ask me that". Glenn stepped away from the counter and turned around to face it. He opened the cupboard directly above his head and took out a flat bowl for himself, and then a regular one for Greg. "Here, crack the eggs you're going to use into here. Don't get any shells in the bowl, and don't use all the eggs. I need some of them too".

"Right," Greg picked up and egg and held it out in front of himself. "Why are these ones brown?"

"Because we didn't buy them from the store. I went to Leah's house down the street to take out her garbage for her and she gave them to me," Glenn explained, and Greg looked at him with wide eyes.

"Won't they hatch?"

"Well the chickens are all girls, so, no," Glenn explained, and Greg just look at him blankly. "They need males to fertilize the eggs- do you remember anything from health class? Are you having sex? You really shouldn't be having sex".

Greg just shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm not, but I understand how fertilization works. I just wasn't thinking about it like that". Glenn hummed and moved a bit closer to him to grab the bread. Greg looked down between them and made a soft nose of interest. "You got new socks?"

Glenn looked down at his feet and smiled. "Oh yeah. They're super warm".

"Ah... is that a gay thing?" Greg questioned and Glenn elbowed him. "I'm just asking, I've never seen a straight man ever wear maroon fuzzy socks".

"Why are you looking at people's socks all the time".

"Well I'm not".

"Then that's probably why you've never noticed before," Glenn claimed, rolling his eyes as he turned from his brother and grabbed two eggs from the carton. "Are you going to actually do what I've told you or am I going to have to do it all?"

Greg groaned, but was silent for a few minutes as he cracked the eggs into the bowl, sticking his fingers in it every once and a while to take out pieces of shells. Glenn just bit his lip at this and prepared the mixture for the French toast.

"Are you a bit worried?" Greg inquired after a while, taking a whisk out of one of the drawers and beginning to lazily beat the eggs.

"About?" Glenn asked, but he had a feeling that he already knew the answer.

"What moms going to talk to us about". Glenn didn't respond right away, thinking for a moment.

During lunch at school the day before he had gotten a call from Jason, instructing him that Mom had off the weekend, and that she wanted to talk to all of them about something over some kind of meal. Since both Jason and Greg had shifts that afternoon, breakfast seemed to be the obvious choice.

None of them knew what she had to say.

"I don't think worried is the right word. I'm more nervous than anything," Glenn admitted, picking up Greg's bowl and moving it to the other side of him. "Move, would you? I want to be close to the stove so I don't drip this shit all over".