"United we trust!"

Flutes of Krug Grand Cuvee clinked together over the music playing below. Shahily pecked me on the lips, the argument from minutes ago long forgotten her eyes filled with pride. Her smile was enough to assure me that I would be able to enjoy the rest of my night with no worries. My right hand and cousin, Koi, broke up the intimate moment to pull me in for a brotherly hug. Without him, I wouldn't have been able to pull off such a big move; the Haitians were his contacts, and he set up the meeting for me. The rest was history.

"We did it!" I exclaimed, giving him a congratulatory slap on the back. "You already know what this means. More accounts, more customers, and more washing. I hope my head banker will be able to handle this influx of cash."

"Damn straight. I been holding us down this long, haven't I?" Koi replied, taking the remainder of his flute to the head. "This shit right here is nice, but I need something stronger. How about we go hit up the bar? Shahily, you mind if I steal Urban just for a minute?"

Shahily vehemently shook her head. "Of course not; I see my girls making their way in this direction right now."

"Word?" Koi replied, taking in the trio of females ascending the stairs.

She punched him playfully on the arm. "I already told your hoe ass my friends are off limits, Koi. You ain't about to have them ready to fight me because of your antics."

"Aight, I'll keep my hands off...for now," Koi finished when we were far away enough from Shahily.

Erica, Kandice, and Shahily's sister, Shayla, perked up at the sight of us, more specifically Koi. He was single and paid, which made him a hot commodity. Although Koi wasn't trying to settle down anytime soon, that didn't stop women from throwing themselves at him. Erica and Kandice were both giving him their best "fuck me" looks as they sashayed in their fuck me pumps, but Shayla played it cool with a smile in our direction. According to Shahily, she told her baby sister not to worry because when the time was right she would make sure she got the Mackenzie man she deserved.

"Shahily telling me to stay away from her friends, but it looks like they're trying to do the exact opposite," Koi replied, glancing over his shoulder and doing a Birdman hand rub at what he saw. "If any one of them decide to throw it at me, I can't front like I ain't gon' catch it on some John Gibson shit, nah mean?"

The bar was packed when we arrived, with five bartenders serving the cluster of patrons with ease. I spotted my homie in the mix, making sure to take care of everyone on her side of the bar. The tips were the best on this floor, which was exactly why I placed her here. That, and the fact that her and Shahily had beef from the very first day I introduced them to each other. My working theory was that they were too much alike, which was guaranteed to cause friction between the two, but Nicole just felt like Shahily had an ulterior motive. I agreed, but the only thing I could see Shahily wanting was the wealth and status that came with being Mrs. Uriah Mackenzie. Other than that, she was just like these other broads out here.

"Look who decided to come down from the tower to see the peasants," Nicole joked, placing two shot glasses in front of us and pulling out a bottle of Hennessy. "You may drink that bougie shit up there, but down here we're tossing back Henny."

Nicole pulled out a glass for herself and poured three shots. We tossed them back followed by two more rounds. Like clockwork she started on our signature drinks. I took an appreciative sip of my Macallan scotch while Koi sipped on some Henny and coke. You could dress this nigga up in a bespoke suit and he still would prefer the simpler things in life, like his drink mix since we were little niggas stealing from my pop's liquor cabinet when he was away on business trips.