Little Brother

Killian had always loved the moon. It seemed more gentle in comparison to the sun, which scorched his back when he worked and had always hurt his eyes and given him headaches. That's why he preferred to start his mornings before dawn, so he could get some of his chores done before the sun woke up and began to beat down.

This morning tho, he decided to bring his little brother along with him. Daniel was almost becoming of age, 14 years old was considered an aspiring man in Killian's culture, and as an older brother, it was his responsibility to show his brethren how to work and provide for his town so he could support them one day when young men were old men.

Daniel was mischevious, as most young boys were, so before they walked out of their home Killian patted down his little brother playfully

"Got anything in your pockets, Danny?" he joked "Father would be absolutely furious if you sprayed that fart spray you got him with yesterday"

Daniel smirked and laughed. "That was genius and you loved it."

Killian laughed aloud and started poking his little brother's nose. "What about up here Danny? You hiding anything up here?"

Daniel pushed his hand away, laughing hysterically. "Now you're just being stupid," he said between laughs.

Killian winked slyly at Daniel "It's alright, sometimes work gets so boring, you gotta have a little something to make things interesting." He pulled a tiny bottle out of his pants pocket, and Daniel lit up. Killian laughed and slipped it back into his pocket, and put a finger up to his lips.
They continued walking till they got to Killian's workplace, which was actually a construction office. He was one of the lower managers, but sometimes he would help the workers with building whatever needed to be built. Daniel was going to learn how the places they lived in, where they bought food, and buildings in general were built, so he could design more one day.
     As Killian walked through the double doors with his brother, there was one thing he didn't know. And that was how very interesting this day was going to become.