Killian

Yep. The world is different. Very different.

I mean, some things you humans had are still the same. We still eat the same things, pizza, nachos, burgers. but not the crap you guys called vegetables. Seriously, it's like you all loved the idea of torturing yourselves. Cauliflower? Come on.  

So yes, some things are the same. But the things that matter are different. Transportation, housing, and government have been changed. For the better, our elders think. 

On a less serious (and slightly cooler) note, The Oria are born with attributes. I know, how cool, right? 

There are two separate attributes an Oria can be born with, either fire or ice. We are all different though. Even two people who have received the Fire attribute could have completely varied versions of the attribute. Same with the Ice attribute. One Oria could simply be able to make a room cooler, but a different Oria could have the ability to make ice sculptures with just their mind power. So you see our powers vary greatly between us Oria.

But, just like Cerafine pointed out, fire and ice should never mix, for obvious reasons. 

And because the two attributes shouldn't be together, mixed, or introduced the Oria elders, the ancient ones, decided many many eons ago that the places we inhabited would be split. One side would inhabit the Fire People. The other would hold the Ice People. 

It is forbidden to cross the barrier between the two different worlds. Even the sky knows it, because when our elders created The Split, the sky also heeded the command, and split into two different skies... a fiery red one and a gray icy one.   

Crossing for any reason is forbidden.

But some things are stronger than barriers and skies split in half.