Ask/Dare 2 - First Punishment

Cross had woken to a knock on the door. Surprisingly, the six rooms on the second floor seemed perfectly fitting for each resident. Three on one side, three on the other. Staircase downstairs in the middle.

He got out of bed, opening the door to see Nightmare in his passive form standing there, looking awfully peeved. "I can't get out of this dammed form." he hissed.

"That's what you get for not playing a board game." Cross seemed amused, still wiping the sleep from his eyes. "What do you want me to do about it?"

Nightmare visibly paused and just shook his head, muttering under his breath as he went downstairs to get the day over with.

Dream had already became the mailman, getting the mail after waking up. There were four letters and no packages. He sifted through them. One for Marvul, one for Marvul and Xcelence, and two for everyone.

He went inside to find Halluciv playing Monopoly with Marvul in the living room, Xcellence preoccupying himself with making breakfast, and Cross being indifferent to how Nightmare was cursing up a storm behind him.

Dream handed Marvul his letter and  stood beside the couch as everyone slowly gathered. "Is this going to be a daily thing?" Nightmare asked.

"Probably." Xcellence said, entering the room and giving him a strange look. "What happened to you?"

"Punishment, I guess." he still looked mildly peeved. "I can't use my magic at all."

Marvul had opened the letter by then, color draining from his face his he read it. "....why." he muttered. "How many of you know what fuck, marry, kill is?"

"Language!" Halluciv said sharply, nudging Marvul lightly.

"If I had to....first I'd kill Xcellence." Marvul mused at the offended look X had. "There's no way I'd fuck my own brother so I'd just marry him, and that leaves Dream to be fucked."

Everyone in the room stared at him silently.

"What? It said fuck, marry, or kill Dream, Halluciv, and Xcellence." Marvul shrugged. "I wouldn't actually do any of it."

"....next letter!" Dream glanced away from Marvul, quickly opening the next letter. "What is it like being in that house? I mean it doesn't seem to bad. Asked by Weaklittlekittylover."

"Honestly I like it here. Horror isn't smearing blood everywhere and so far all of you are okay." Cross said. "There's a lot of stuff we haven't even gotten out yet, plus I don't think any of us have been in the attic yet."

"I have." Halluciv said. "There are a couple of rooms but all of them are locked. Didn't the first note say that when you found it, Dream?"

"Yeah...it said something about locked rooms." he shrugged. "It is nice here, though I do miss Blue and Ink."

"Surprisingly I'm fine being here, if only it wasn't like a mystery novel." Nightmare grunted. "Six people get trapped in a home, one of them is bound to murder the rest and only time will tell who's next."

Dream handed over the third letter to Cross. "You get the honors, I don't want to read all of them."

Cross shrugged and opened it, reading it out loud. "Who do you know has a crush? Asked by Spirael." he blinked and looked up, not knowing how to begin to respond to that.

"If anyone here is in love it's not me." Marvul smirked in amusement, looking over everyone in the room as if silently judging them. "My bet is on Cross."

"God dammit..." Cross looked mildly offended, a faint magenta hue dusting over his cheeks. "I admit, but I'm not saying who."

"It's clear as day that Halluciv is head over heels." Nightmare said. "His aura is just blinding when he's around-" he hissed and shut up when Marvul elbowed him in the ribs.

Halluciv had hid his face in his hands, his tentacles wrapping tightly around him in a hug as if to try to hide from the confirmation. Oh, to Nightmare his aura was so bright and almost painful to look at...

Dream handed the last letter over to Xcellence. X opened it and read through it, stepping away from Halluciv when the smaller leaned up to try to read it. "Hm. I'm assuming I can't read this out loud. Marvul, get over here."

The two read over the letter. Then they slowly turned to Halluciv. "...plan?" Xcellence asked Marvul, a slight look of guilt on his face.

"Yup." and so they quietly backed out of the room.

'Hmm...for Xcellence and Marvul-
Do the meanest prank on Halluciv without him knowing.
-Asked by HoneySketch.'