Her eyes gleamed—almost predatory.

I couldn't suppress the electrifying shiver that coursed through my body. My pulse quickened.

Vixen!

She stood up and placed a hand on my chest. "Bed sounds nice." She bit her/my lip, enticing me for another feel of her body - skin to skin - against mine.

Powerless against her, I felt myself backed on the bed's soft surface as she climbed on top of me. Her hair flowing down beside her face, she looked down on me tenderly.

"I love seeing you with your hair down." Tucking her hair behind her ears, I pulled her down for a kiss. "I love running my hands through them."

She smiled against my lips. "I love yours up or tied." She drew back only to place a peck on lips.

"I love cuddling you." I sighed as she settled on top of me. "I love kissing you too. I love sleeping and waking up next to you."

She nuzzled my neck and purred as I ran my hand on her back.

I love you, Ruen.

"Me too, Amelia." She burrowed her face closer to my chest and closed her eyes.

"I want to be with you," I whispered to her. "I need you with me."

Forever.

* * *

RUEN

"Knock it off, Mim." I flailed the towel in her direction to stop her from whisking more water from her hair to me.

Wearing a decent one piece and with her hair tied up, Mim stood in front of me and grabbed the towel. "You sure you don't want to swim?" She asked.

"Nope." I pulled the guitar and strummed some more.

Both of us turned as a loud splash came from the pool.

"Penelope's enjoying afternoon swim too much." Mim wrapped the towel around her shoulders and sat. "Stouffer's losing money fast that the sixth wife already divorced him while a little's left for alimony."

"I'm surprised she stayed this long," I smirked. "Good thing he's got no children waiting for child support."

"None that he knows of." She agreed.

Like me.

"As far as I'm concerned, you're not related to him," Mim said.

"You sure you're not psychic?" I joked.

She always had this uncanny ability to read my mind and come to my aid when I'm in need.

I may not have been blessed when it came to my blood family but having her around was more than enough. "Thank you."

"Always." She answered back.

Pin, wearing a two-piece suit, joined us in the gazebo. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Kicking the dog down," Mim said.

"I already purchased most of the shares in his company. What would you have me do, Ruen?"

"Tear it up from the inside out until no one can remember that company once belonged to him," I told Pin. "Destroy his wretched legacy."

"He tried to reach out to Mr. Vasquez to blackmail him for money." Mim held up a can of beer for Pin. "Mr. Vasquez's men threw him bloodied and cold out before he could step inside the building."