"Of course. I'm gonna train her up a bit, and then use the ice stone Kukui gave me to have her evolve. She'll be powerful if I can get her trained up." Ash explained. "Ever since my battle with Wulfric, I've wanted an ice type. And Ninetales also becomes a fairy type when it evolves, and those things are real powerful. Have you ever fought a fairy type?"

"No, I can't say that I have." Gary chuckled.

"Well, go battle Serena's Sylveon. If she doesn't wipe the floor with you, I'm not the champion of 6 regions."

"Maybe I will." Gary replied, laughing. "Just don't get angry with me when I beat your fiancée and she's crying on your shoulder." Gary teased.

"What's that Gary?" Serena asked, overhearing the conversation. She raised an eyebrow, and Sylveon crouched down like she was going to pounce, growling slightly.

"Uh, nothing." Gary muttered.

"He wants to battle Sylveon." Naomi said with a smile. Gary rolled his eyes at her.

"We can battle tomorrow when we land." Serena challenged. Gary shrugged.

"Why not? I'll beat you." He winked, causing Serena to roll her eyes this time. As a result of dating and getting engaged to the most powerful trainer in the world, she had become quite the adept battler. She still lost sometimes, but she won a lot too.

"Careful Gary. They're scary when they're battling." Clemont said slyly. Gary rolled his eyes for like the 5th time, but went back to packing.

~~~

"So Gary, how about that battle?" Serena asked with a smirk. Her arms were crossed with one eyebrow raised, challenging him.

"Alright fine." Gary said, after looking Serena up and down. "Is there a battle field?" Serena pointed behind her.

The gang made their way over to the battlefield. This would be an interesting battle. Master, are there any pokepuffs? Lucario asked shyly. She had been let out of her pokeball the minute they had walked off the jet, Ash knew she hated it in there.

Ash chuckled while Serena answered that yes there were, and Ash could get them for the Pokémon. Lucario turned to Ash, watching him rummage around in Serena's backpack that he was holding for her. He handed over a pretty one that Serena made special for Lucario, then turned his attention to the battle.

"This will be a one on one Pokémon battle. The battle will be over when one side's pokemon is unable to continue. Battle begin!" Clemont announced. He was acting as referee.

"Sylveon let's go!" Serena called out the Eevee evolution, the graceful Pokémon appearing with a yell from its ball.

"Aerodactyl, I choose you!" With a roar, the ancient Pokémon appeared. "Use Dragon Claw!" Serena chuckled and didn't move. Aerodactyl hit, but nothing happened.

"What?!"

"Fairy types are immune to dragon type moves." Serena called cheekily.

"Thanks for the info Ash!" Gary yelled indignantly.

"You're welcome." Ash called back, chuckling.

"Sylveon, use Fairy Wind!" The white and pink dust exploded out from Sylveon's whirling feelers, buffeting the spectators with enormous gusts of wind as the attack raced towards Aerodactyl.

"Dodge it!" Aerodactyl sprinted to the right, but Aerodactyl was too slow, the attack buffeted his wing, causing Aerodactyl to spiral out of the air and land. The Pokémon recovered after a few seconds, looking worse for wear.