Chapter One - Warm Arms

Chapter One - Darcy's POV

I walked into my lame little high school and sighed. Maybe for one day my dad will allow me to skip. But if he said yes, I'd still have to deal with my "fiancé" 's opinion. They both believe I should be properly educated so I can rule our clan properly. The worst part of all of this is that I have two people against me, and one is a mind bender. James Nabisco. My "beloved". I know he's not my real beloved. His died a few years ago and I just happened to turn 16 and didn't find mine. Now I'm 18 and without a beloved. So my dad is giving me away.

It's just not fair. What happens if my true beloved show up before the wedding? Or even worse, after? A blood bath... Literally.

Suddenly I was snapped out of my daydream to see James waiting in front of me. "Love? Are you feeling well?" He said, putting his hand to my forehead. It was a human act, but even his normally cold hands were icy on my forehead. I was half-vampire. Meaning I could still be sick and all that jazz, while still only feasting on blood.

"I'm fine Sir." I replied short and sweet. His hand went to my chin, raising my eyes to meet his. "I told you to call me James, beloved." I shook my head. "I can't." "And why not?" "Because I was raised to address older men as sir. Only my beloved will be addressed differently." At that he growled and grabbed my waist, pushing me against the school wall. "I AM your beloved." I kept silent, waiting for him to calm himself. "And I am not that much older than you, give me some credit. There is a three year time gap between us. Not that love is counted in numbers..."

I shivered at his words. Disgusting. 'I want my beloved! My real beloved!' I screamed in my head.

These were words I could never say out loud to James or anyone. I would be punished for defiance to my beloved. Not that he actually was, but him being a mind binder made everyone think so. Only James, me, and my father know otherwise. My mother doesn't even know. They have her wrapped around their cold fingers.

I've been destined to him for two years. Apparently even before my birthday they had planned on us being together.

"Darcy." I snapped out of my daydreaming to see his eyes had turned black. "Yes?" He was reading my mind to see what I had been thinking about and growled. "I am your beloved! You are mine! Only I will be allowed to love you in that way!" His hands found their way to my throat and I held back the scream that was creeping up. "YOU will drink MY blood only! No other! Do you understand me?" I touched the side of his face with my hand, attempting to calm him down. We were still in a human school. He calmed a little and smelled the blood in my veins, allowing himself to see if I was taken. He knew I wasn't, but I'm not about to make him angry again.

It was an intimate act for another vampire to smell your veins.

James mind was playing it own tricks to itself. Because he had be promised to me for so long, he feels as though I am his beloved. His fangs will hurt without me there with him. So in long terms he chained himself to me.

"Come now, Mr. Nabisco. You have a class to teach and you won't want to be fired, making me at school alone." He growled when I addressed him as "Mr. Nabisco" but nodded anyway. Even though he was 23 they let him have a job as a math teacher. "Indeed. I don't think I could bare to be away from you all day. I could always homeschool you. Then I could always be with you during they whole day..." I sighed and looked up at the sun. It hurt, but it was beautiful. My vampire vision allowed for me to see all the explosions and light of the sun. If only I could throw myself into the sun.

I felt his lips press to my temple. "Daydreaming won't get you your education, beloved." I nodded and let him take me to my first period class, English. I tried to to shiver as he kissed my cheek. "I will see you after lunch. Goodbye, my love."