Fourth Generation Dragon Slayer

That night Gajeel went straight home and started packing what little and unimportant belongings he had. Because it was that night that Gajeel had decided that he was going to give up on Levy forever. He never wanted to see her again, smell her again, or even think about her ever again. And for those painful thoughts to go out of his mind he had to go out of the country. But first he had one last job to do. Unfortunately for him he could not do the job himself, in fear that the last amount of magic he ever uses, will turn him into a dragon forever. He was already almost covered in iron scales, and he could feel horns start to grow into his skull. So the only person he could trust with this job, to even be able to get it done, was Natsu.

          “I mean I don’t mind doing this for you Gajeel, but I don’t understand why you can’t do it,” Natsu groaned as he followed Gajeel to the train station.

          “Don’t worry about it,” Gajeel snapped, he knew that was the problem with Natsu, he could not keep a secret.

          They had finally gotten to their destination, which took nearly a week to get to, and Gajeel had to bare through being with Natsu the entire time, and both of their motion sickness. Anyways they had arrived at the cave that Gajeel was certain was his capturer was dwelling.  

Gajeel was imprisoned in an incubator here, where this mad Scientist tested Gajeel’s dragon slayer magic. Making him use his magic constantly, and slowly, and consequently his body reacted to start producing more dragon chromosomes turning him slowly into a dragon.

The two of them proceeded into the cave to find that what seem to have been the remains of cracked open speckled egg the size of a basketball.

“What the hell,” Gajeel announced baffled as he crouched over to examine the shells.

“It’s a dragon egg,” Natsu obviously says as he picks up one of the fissured egg pieces.

Gajeel getting infuriated just snapped, “Of course it is, you fucking dumb ass,” How could anyone not smell the obvious dragon smell that was reeking all over the place. In fact, as Gajeel started thinking, it smelt like an Iron Dragon hatched out of this egg. “This asshole, used my genes to make a dragon.” Gajeel picked up the dragon egg, as him and Natsu started looking around.

“Where do you think it went?” Natsu wondered as they both starting peering around the area to notice there was no sign that the little baby dragon was still here. Noticing then that what was left of the lab was completely destroyed. Gajeel and Natsu then crept in closer in the depths of the cave, examining the broken up pieces of metal and equipment. Not to mention the bitten off chunks of metal scraps scattered across the ground. As they got closer the scent of human flesh became more pungent to their nostrils.

“God, what is that smell?” Natsu shrieked covering up his nose.

“That dragon killed its creator,” Gajeel announced looking all over the crime scene slowly putting the pieces together.

“Where do you think the dragon went?” Natsu asked as they both started getting worried as to where it went off to. “We have to go back and tell everybody.”
          No. Gajeel promised himself he wouldn’t return to Magnolia, or Fiore for that matter. “You go back, I’ll try and track the dragon down.” Even if it meant using up his last dragon slayer magic and turning into a dragon himself, Gajeel knew it was his responsibility to end it at all costs.

“Alright,” Natsu agreed.

However it would only be Gajeel’s luck that the teenage dragon head towards the nearest dragon slayers in Fiore.